Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    v-star Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Disk check
    Yes I have window xp and I can not get the disk check to run, when it starts
    It says can not open direct and then goes straight to opening windows. Any ideas.:confused:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2006, 05:21 PM
    Schedule it to run before Windows loads:
    1. Open Control Panel
    2. Double-click Scheduled Tasks
    3. Double-click Add Scheduled Task
    4. On the Scheduled Task Wizard dialog, click Next
    5. Click Browse
    6. In the Select Program to Schedule dialog, navigate to the windows\system32 folder
    7. Select chkdsk.exe
    8. Click Open
    9. In the Scheduled Task Wizard dialog, type a name for the scheduled task
    10. Under Perform this task, select how often you wish error-checking to run (when my computer starts)

Remember to remove that task once it's run and you are logged into Windows.
    v-star Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2006, 09:29 AM
    I have found the solution to my problem,it was spyware doctor causing the problem. I had to exit spyware doctor icon in the try by the clock.then delete the file ikhlayer.sys from %windir%\system32\drivers or from c:\ windows\system32\drivers\ and when I rebooted the chkdsk worked OK then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't check disk [ 9 Answers ]

Hiya all Wonder if someone can help. Got a notebook from work, tried to do a check disk, but, it gets to the last stage (5) then warns me that windows has had to be shut down before any irepareable damage is done to my O/S. I have to manually shut it down, start up in safe mode and then go to the...

Local Disk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I really thought that way. But when I check the contents of the remaining local disk it is still the same. I mean before I formatted the contents of d:\ drive is 18.6 GB and the C:\ drive is 7.8 MB after formatting, I really don't know where did the 7.8 MB contents of C:\ drive goes,...

Local Disk [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Kindly help, My laptop has 2 local disk c:\ and D:\ how can I make it just one. My C:\ DRIVE has a 7.8 MB free space I want to transfer it to D:\ DRIVE who has A 18.5 MB free space. Your Kind help is very much appreaciated. Br, Yolly

Disk Error [ 1 Answers ]

So I pretty much gave up on the computer with the monitor problem. This other computer I got has this little problem with saying there is a nonsytem disk or disk error when I start it up. Ive tried multiple HDDS and one other floppy I even tried taking the floppy out. I just want to know what is...

Boot disk [ 3 Answers ]

I received a new computer with XP operating system. While I was loading programs the system crashed and lost the windows/system32 file and would not boot up. I looked for the recovery disk in the box, none found, so I had to do a complete install. Can I create a bootable recovery disk for this...

View more questions Search