Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zzblackjack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Swamp gas smell in bathroom comes when closed up
    A swamp gas smell in jacussie toilet area of bathroom especially in colder weather when I close door and window. Have had 3 plummers and an enginer here. Yes I have pulled a couple dead mice out from under jacusie but this is a sewer smell. Replaced wax ring and toilet. I rent a beautiful house but am embarrassed to let people use bathroom. Help
    SewerSup Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 02:20 AM

Zzblackjack,

What all fixtures do you have in your bathroom? Is it just a toilet and jacuzzi? You don't have a floor drain in the bathroom do you? Keep me posted.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 06:37 AM

How often do you use the jacuzzi tub ?

From my experience, 90% of people don't use jacuzzi to often. It is there because house "requires" it for re-selling purposes. If you don't use the but often, than water in trap evaporates and eventually will allow sewer gas to enter your bathroom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell in new bathroom [ 6 Answers ]

We have never had any problems with smells in our 3 bed bungalow in Spain, until we had a new bathroom built next adjacent to the old bathroom. The new bathroom pipework was connected to old bathroom wastepipe which feeds into a septic tank (100metres from house). The old bathroom does not smell,...

Bad smell from bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get rid of a bad smell from my bathroom. I believe it is from the shower. We build a small house with a septic tank as a sewerage system. We finished building it in September 2007 and in April 2008 we having this bad smell. When we build the septic tank we did put the recommended...

Garage Door Opener has rubber burning smell when opened & Closed [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Allister Access 3000 1/3 HP series garage door opener. I noticed a sort of a rubber burning smell when opening and closing the door. It is a pretty strong odor. When flipping through the assembly & installation guide, it does not show the motor as having any belts (the door control is...

Bathroom Smell [ 1 Answers ]

My question is I have a bathroom that is up stairs and our house is on a slab we get smell in the bathroom about the same time but not everyday and it smells like a dead animal but only smells in the one bathroom. I hve been in the attic to see if the smell is up there but it' not. I've had all the...

Closed non-working Refrigerator smell [ 1 Answers ]

My refrigertor was CLOSED for 4 days. It was not plugged in. The doors were left CLOSED. Now, after two weeks the smell will not go away. How do I make the smell disappear?

View more questions Search