Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renabriem21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 04:41 PM
    24yr old women with D.T's and anxiety
    Hey Doc my name is Rena and I am highly addicted to booze and I drink everyday I don't just sit and have a couple I crazy party hard and now I get bad bd bad anxiety attacks and D.T's I see some pretty crazy things I tried to quit but can't need help what do I do I'm also not really to go to treatment I'm 24 yers old what should I do
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 04:45 PM

Rena, it's time to consider treatment.

You are an alcoholic, it's time to admit that you have a problem (which you just did) and admit that you can't fix this by yourself (which you also did) and then get help (which you haven't done).

AA is a good program to help people deal with alcoholism, also talking to your family doctor is a step in the right direction.

Get help, you're 24 years old, you still have a long happy life ahead of you. Confront your addiction and kick it's butt with some help.

Good luck.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 24, 2008, 07:01 PM

Rena,
    I to am an addict but the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem and I think that's what our doing. There is No easy fix from drinking or any drug for that fact, the only help is treatment. The choice is yours if you have had enough of living that crazy life and want a chance of somewhat of a normal life treatment is the answer. Ive been where you are I tried everything talking to a pastor AA everything but until you get clean and find deal with the real reason your drinking you will continue to lead the life you are. It's hard I know but believe me you will be so much happier...

I wish the very best for you,
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 09:33 PM

The best treatment is no alcohol in your body. You need to decide when you have had enough of feeling sick and tired, enough of being stupid or crazy drunk.

Alcohol will tell you that it is not the problem. It lies. So, surround yourself with people who tell you the truth. Stay far away from those who are involved in alcoholic lifestyles. Sometimes you need to change everything and all of your friends! Before things get better, first things have to get different. Change is the unknown. Don't be scared, just do it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Rena, please understand that we are not doctors here.

I am happy to see that you are reaching out for help. That is the first step. However, if you are so addicted that you are seeing things, this could be very dangerous. You need inpatient help here.

Alcohol withdrawal is the hardest drug to withdrawal from, and the most dangerous. Please get some help as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anxiety maybe? [ 7 Answers ]

My back hurts and chest hurts, so immediately I thought I was having a heart attack or something . I am not, I know that in my head.But my body says something different. I am not currently taking medicine for anxiety. I do not like the weight gain. My question is : should I start the medicine...

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

Anxiety [ 6 Answers ]

I'm male, 59 years old, exercise every other day for one hour on an elliptical trainer. I have an incredibly low resting pulse rate of only 45, and a resting BP of only 110/60. With numbers like these, you wouldn't think that I suffer from anxiety, but I do. I've tried listening to various CD...

Does My Dog Have Separation Anxiety! [ 2 Answers ]

Help I need 2 know what are the symptoms 2 separation anxiety because I think my dog may have it so plez HELP!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I...

View more questions Search