Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hornio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Renters have 12 Cars
    I live in a quiet part of San Jose foothills, on Santa Clara County land in California. A lot of elder people live there as original owners. There are some newer families that have bought because of the wide, child friendly streets/neigborhood, and quiet hillside surroundings. Needlessto say, the street sides are bare for the most part, great place for kids to play in the street.

A few months ago, someone rented their home to a family. Originally the family stated that there were going to be four persons living there. (3- bedroom house).

Soon after they moved in, many cars continued to show up. This is something new to the street, and surrounding neighbors were getting upset that these people were clogging the front of their homes. I understand that there are no exclusive rights to street parking, and I am not one of those households with this issue.

My question is; What is the maximum occupancy of a 3- bedroom house? The neighbors are asking me if the sheer number of vehicles are in violation of occupancy codes. I think the maximum is 9 persons, but I am not sure.

Responses are appreciated,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2008, 05:43 PM

Check with the county housing department They should be able to provide you with guidelines.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 05:54 PM

Are all of them street legal, licensed and registered, if not that may be a issue.
    Have you discussed this with the owner of the rental

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renters Right [ 6 Answers ]

I live in upstate NY - near Albany. I rent a house with my wife and three kids. I was served a copy of notice of foreclosure against my landlord on this property (no payments since July 07). What are my rights? Am I going to be kicked on the street during the winter now? My lease expired in...

Renters law? [ 4 Answers ]

So I tried to search for it myself and couldn't really find nothing more than the locks, doors windows little things like that. I was just wondering in short if there are certain specifications for a house for it to be rented to another family. Basically for rent by owner? The story in short:...

Are we renters? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister-in-law owns the house we live in. We pay all taxes and insurance on the house as well as all normal maintence costs. We are responsible for keeping up the place. On long term expenses, we pay 50% - example, for reroofing we paid 1/2 of the cost of $3000. The question arose as to our...

Renters rights [ 10 Answers ]

I live in a large complex and my lease is up for renewal. The new lease is stating the complex will no longer be paying the water, sewer and heat as part of the rental amount. We do not have individual meters, so they will take the total amount due by the entire complex and divide that...

Kansas State Renters Law for Renters [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Lenexa, Kansas a part of Johnson County Kansas. I need to know What the law is governing renters rights when it comes to repair of things Like garbage disposals etc. I also need to know if it is a requirement of the Law to have shades or blinds furnished by landlord or if this is the...

View more questions Search