Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Kinky sex?
    I was asked by a friend recently who's been having problems with her sex life. i.e. her boyfriend wanted her to do 'unspeakable acts' :p, so this got me to thinking...

I don't know this may sound like a naïve or stupid question.. but in the spirit that no question is stupid, what constitutes kinky sex?
    prplfae Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 04:18 PM

Pretty much anything out of the norm. i.e. being tied up, wips, food, toys. Willingness to try something new. Adventure.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 04:19 PM

So then anything that is more than the missionary?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 05:06 PM

"Kinky" is in the mind of the beholder.

Just like "romantic" is in the mind of the beholder.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 06:03 PM

yes, to many nothing says romanice better than handcuffs.

But everyone has a value or a idea of what is acceptable or what is wild, and some the wild is acceptable for the excitement
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 06:45 PM

Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 07:37 PM

Kinky... that is pretty much cultural specific, I would think. In some cultures, a person can be stoned(killed) for veering from sexual rules.

Anyway, I would think that kinky falls in the realm of Fetish'. Wearing diapers, being taken care of by "mommy" and getting off on that would be kinky, for example. :)

It is reputed that a famous Hollywood directore Otto Preminger liked to lie in a bathtub and have beautiful women defecate on him. Kinky!

There is a difference between kinky and abusive as in hurting another person against their wishes as often happens with anal sex.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 09:33 PM

See this is what I mean.. I would have thought hair pulling, spanking etc would be considered kinky whereas I would have thought diapers or defecation would run under a fetish category.. so I suppose the question for me is: is there a distinction between fetish and kinky? And if so what is it?
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 23, 2008, 09:45 PM

Kinky (to me) is whatever the particular culture holds as taboo. I find that 'fetish' is when there is a particular object or body part that arouses someone. I'm a bit of a sadist myself, and many people don't understand it- and sometimes it scares them.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 09:47 PM

If this isn't too personal.. what defines sadist? It is a term that is thrown around often (im big on the defintions for some reason :p)

Oct 23, 2008, 09:50 PM

The deriving of sexual gratification or the tendency to derive sexual gratification from inflicting pain.
    But as to not go too far, my husband and I incorporate 'safe words' yellow- back off a bit
    Red-stop
    Because protestation is part of the 'act'
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 09:57 PM

Doesn't sound like it wouldn't be fun ;)

Oct 23, 2008, 10:06 PM

It depends on the people involved. I don't NEED to inflict pain- it just spices things up sometimes. Plus, my husband is a big guy and he can handle it. :) But yes for me, it's fun
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:08 PM

So you don't have pain inflicted on you?

Oct 23, 2008, 10:09 PM

No that's Masochism-
    The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:14 PM

Well I think I've sufficed my definition quota for one day! Ha ha ha no really thanks for your answers :)

Oct 23, 2008, 10:17 PM

No problem- it is a Help desk after all, eh? :)
    So do you have any clue what the 'unspeakable acts' were?
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:29 PM

No not the 'unspeakable' ones, I know it started with hair pulling and spanking which she wasn't fully comfortable with to begin with but 'allowed', then whatever he tried next didn't go so well :)

Oct 23, 2008, 10:33 PM

I see. I don't think that anyone should have to endure hair pulling, spanking, biting etc. if they aren't comfortable with it. But if this is something that he feels he 'needs' then I don't forsee the relationship lasting very long. But if it is something that he can do without then there is no reason that the relationship can't work.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:35 PM

You I no and to be honest as I said to her someone should never 'allow' behaviour especially in their sex life that they aren't fully comfortable with..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I talk kinky? [ 7 Answers ]

So my boyfreind has been begging me to leave him a "kinky" email. But I don't know what to say. Please somebody give me something!

I want to know how to talk kinky dirty [ 3 Answers ]

How do I talk kinky and dirty

Is kinky bad [ 8 Answers ]

Is kinky really a bad thing? Is there something wrong with me for having fetishes? I can do without them, and if the person I'm involved with isn't into something, then there is no prob.

View more questions Search