Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeybee1r Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Lighting for a ceiling fan
    I have a ceiling fan. The light bulb is too low a wattage. It said no higher wattage should be used. Is it possible to install a new light kit with a higher watt in order to have more light?

Thank you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 06:56 PM

Short answer is yes. You could also try a CFB that puts out a higher wattage but they do not always look or perform like a regular bulb. Look for instant on CFB
    honeybee1r Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Short answer is yes. You could also try a CFB that puts out a higher wattage but they do not always look or perform like a regular bulb. Look for instant on CFB
    I didn't mention the light in there now is 50 watts. The booklet says not to install anything stronger. Can an entirely new light kit be installed?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 11:32 PM

What make/model fan do you have? Pictures would help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan lighting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Harbor Breeze model eyd52rbz5lkrcs. It is a wide blade remote control only Fan, installed outside under an aluminum roofed patio. My intent was to deter the hovering flies that love the warm still air by my back door. I am interested in removing the fish bowl light globe under the...

Lighting on ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get to the light bulb in the lower part of my hampton breeze fan? I can't find my instruction booklet and can't seem to remove cover to replace bulbs.

Ceiling Fan lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new ceiling fan. Fan works fine, but the light will not work. Any suggestions?

Ceiling Fan Lighting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a light kit, all controlled via a remote. One night I went to turn on the light with the remote (ceiling fan running) as I have done many times and the light bulbs burned out. I replaced the bulbs and they won't work, but the fan works fine. I took apart the unit. I...

Ceiling Fan Lighting problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I have just installed a brand new Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The fan comes on but the light that is underneath doesn't. The wiring system that I had came with a male and female plugging unit. I matched up the colors on the plug but the light that is underneath the fan doesn't come on. Any...

View more questions Search