Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommalia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Abandoned cabins
    Hi,
    I am wanting to buy an abandoned cabin, but I don't know where to start. I am looking in Wyoming,Oregon,or Colorado. Do you have any advise for me??
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 09:48 AM

Abandoned cabins are a little hard to come by. Did you think about maybe trying repo auctions. Usually when banks reposess houses cabins, vehicles and other things you can get a better price per dollar on the property.

Just trying to help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 06:43 PM

Did you think that an abandoned cabin would be cheap? You may have a hard time locating the owner and you can't just walk into a cabin and think you can live there, abandoned or not. Some states would call you a squatter
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 08:20 PM

You need to find a real estate agent in the area you are interested in. They can have the contacts, know where places are, and can find the owners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandoned property [ 2 Answers ]

How do purchase an abandoned property? Also, how can you purchase an abandoned/closed down school? Is there a website that gives you a listing? Looking in maryland/washington dc area.

Abandoned cat [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Your answers are always so helpful, so I am asking here first. The neighbors just packed up and took off, they left behind a young cat whom either just had kittens herself or lost her kittens. We don't know, but she does show the signs. We have two of our own cats and believe that is...

How to Buy an abandoned home [ 1 Answers ]

I live in eastern NC: I would like to know who do you contact to buy a abandoned home. I have drove past this house for 7 years and it's just sitting there empty and unused. I already have land I just need to find a house that is movable on my property.

Abandoned Homes [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are looking for abandoned homes. Does anybody know where I can get a listing of abandoned homes in the bay area?

2 cabins on 1 100 amp service? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. There were originally 4 cabins and one meter. Two were torn down (including the one with the meter). The owner now wants the two hooked up temporary for the summer than they r getting torn down. He wants them both on one 100amp service . Should I use a 100amp panel and jump off that with a 50...

View more questions Search