Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reno2008 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Bi-fold Closet Door
    I have a 8 foot closet with 2 bi-fold doors and the person that installed them did not complete the work. He left a 1/2" - 3/4" gap between both doors when they are closed. How do I fix it so they come together without a gap and looks normal. And also both bifold doors when closed do not line up flush. One is slightly deeper than the other.
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 23, 2008, 08:42 AM
    All the adjustment is done with the door pins, top and bottom, at the jamb side.

The top one is done with a phillips screwdriver and will take the door left or right, at the top only.

The lower pin is adjusted by lifting the whole door and setting it left or right at the bottom only.

These both take some trial and error adjustment.

The flush issue in the center can be tough, it is usually caused by one door being warped a little.

By closing the gap a the center, you will open up the gap at the sides, but maybe you can split the difference between the three and make it passable.

Good luck Roger
    Reno2008 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Do I have to take the bi-folds out in order to adjust them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bi fold doors [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know if it is possible, and if so how, to adapt a moulded interior door into a bi fold door, as all the doors in my house are the same and I cannot purchase a bifold to match? Is it possible to use a moulded door even though they are hollow in the middle? Thanks

Fitting a louvre door to a coat closet [ 3 Answers ]

The width of the louvre door fits fine - it is the height where there is an issue. The height of the door is 79 3/4 inches - this is a standard height. The height of the closet opening is 86 inches which mean that I am going to have to frame in at least 4 inches at the top to finish off the...

Drywalling a bypass closet door frame [ 5 Answers ]

I am drywalling a closet in my basement addition. This is designed for a 5ft bypass door. The closets like this in the upstairs of my home have a 1/2" piece hanging approx 3" down from the top of the door opening to hide the slider that the doors will hang on. Is there a trick to building that...

BiFold Closet Door - Need source for one with 9" Panels [ 2 Answers ]

I'm using a small space in my house to make a small closet. There is only enough width to have a 36" door opening. I would like to use a pair of bifold doors. Each door would have two panels, each 9" wide (4 x 9" = 36"). I'm looking for the type with louvers on the top and solid on the bottom to...

The best way to fold a shirt ! [ 7 Answers ]

Check this video. Very cool, very useful :p ;) http://ahafun.net/index.php?action=showpic&pic=41 Do you know any other way ? Let me know, thanks !

View more questions Search