Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greenclover Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 05:23 AM
    How can I make salsa
    I love salsa, but I don't like the thick chunky salsa, I like the thin runny salsa but whenever I try to make thin and runny salsa recipes always say to put it in a blender but when I do, it come out as a purée no matter how I do it in a blender. So I am asking anyone out there how do I make good quality thin runny salsa without out it turning into a purée? Thanking you in advance. ;)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Here's a link to my favorite recipe site (I registered there and keep a Recipe Box):
    Homemade Salsa Secrets - Allrecipes
    At the bottom there is a link to many recipes and they all have reviews. I agree with you that I would never run a salsa through a blender. I guess you'll be doing some extra fine chopping! :)

Good luck!
    ashley0716 Posts: 121, Reputation: 12

Oct 23, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Try using a food processor instead of a blender
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 08:16 PM

Hi! I love chopping things (I swear it's my hobby), and you can get great, really fine results with practice. However, if you are using a food processor or a blender, it will really help if you just pulse the salsa. Instead of holding the button down, give it a few staccato-like taps. Stir and repeat if necessary. Let us know how it turns out! :)
    markitos68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greenclover View Post
    I love salsa, but i don't like the thick chunky salsa, i like the thin runny salsa but whenever i try to make thin and runny salsa recipes always say to put it in a blender but when i do, it come out as a puree no matter how i do it in a blender. so i am asking anyone out there how do i make good quality thin runny salsa without out it turning into a puree?? Thanking you in advance. ;)
    Making salsa does not take much time, whole jap. In their own juice,whole peeled tomatoes in their own juice, blend slowly,not purée ,not chuncky good luck...
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 19, 2008, 05:10 PM

Try chopping the tomatoes really small and the onions and jalapeños and then purée a little little water with tomatoe paste and a little bit of ketchup... then mix it add salt, oregano and cilantro if u'd like... n a little bit of orange juice is good too but just eyeball it don't make it too watery I don't know how much your making so I can't give you the right amounts but just try it a little at a time a couple of times... its jumy
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eljay1103 View Post
    try chopping the tomatoes really small and the onions and jalapenos n then puree a little little water with tomatoe paste and a little bit of ketchup... then mix it add salt, oregano and cilantro if u'd like... n a lil bit of orange juice is good too but just eyeball it dont make it too watery I dont know how much your making so I can't give u the right amounts but just try it a little at a time a couple of times... its jumy
    ... ketchup? Oregano? Tomato paste? Orange juice? Did you come up with this recipe on your own, or did you get it from a source?

Ingredients in a classic Mexican salsa: ripe tomatoes, fresh jalapeños or serrano chiles, fresh cilantro sprigs, garlic (optional), onion, lime juice, salt.

greenclover, come and give us an update! What worked for you?
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 20, 2008, 09:06 PM

Actually no I didn't make up myself... I worked at a Mexican Restaurant and the chef thought me how to make it... People used to come in just to buy the salsa... Garlic, lime juice greenclover?? I guess everyone has their own recipes... I was just giving a suggestion...
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 09:43 PM

Cooks.com - Recipe - Everyone's Favorite Salsa

Check out this recipe. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to. I love the salsa they have at Chili's and this sounds like it might be somewhat like that. I agree with everyone else though, that you should probably use a food processor rather than a blender and if you have to use a blender use one of the lower settings.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 05:52 AM

Eljay, I was really asking. Some people add fruit (like mango) to savory salsas. Knowing if these ingredients have withstood the test of other people helps to understand the situation better. Thanks for sharing that last bit of information.

Also, just so you know, "greenclover" is the name of the OP. it's not an ingredient. Also, unlike ketchup, lime juice is a classic mexican ingredient in salsa.
    greenclover Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 07:29 AM

Hi everyone I am giving you the update on my salsa situation, well let me say the pulseing of the blender does not work it still makes it similar to a purée. the thing that does help and of course would take forever, is to boil the tomatoes and remove the skins and squash it through a sive/mesh thingy, then you add all your other ingrediants and it comes out to the most amazing consistancy leave it in the fridge for 30 min all the flavours are just out of this world. So this is how I make salsa after many hours of experimenting. Thank you for all your info. Oh and have a great thanks giving.
    Cheers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homemade Jams,Jellies and salsa [ 8 Answers ]

I am planning on selling my jams, jellies and salsas at farmers markets and specialty stores in my area to see how well they go over. Any advise for me on doing so. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What move should I make? Or should I even make one? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a high school student. I play on our girl's varsity basketball team, and I have a bit of an interest/crush on a guy from the guy's team. Our practice and game times are normally in tandem. I see him there and occaisonally in school. Recently, I admitted my interest to a friend, and she said,...

What was the title of the 70's instrumental salsa music? [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know the title of that one famous instrumental Salsa music in the 70's :(

Need some one to make me in sex [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I am a guy of 22. I need some one to satisfy my sex feelings on line:o

Go to him or make him come to me? [ 9 Answers ]

I met a guy a few weeks ago who asked me out. I thought he was cute and nice so I said yes. We tried to get together a few times but it just never happened. Then we made a date for him to meet up with us to double with my friend and her date. He never showed or called. He finally called the next...

View more questions Search