Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwallace1 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 12:26 AM
    Access Text Box issue.
    How do you force a text box on a report page to auto flow into a second page of the report... page 1 and two have different page headers... Can grow is not a viable option as I need the remaining boxes on the page to remain in place... The text box in the report is bound to a text box in a form. The form text box is set to can grow... Any suggestions?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2008, 05:46 AM

So what's happening now? Is the text box cutting off on the first page?

Oct 23, 2008, 10:31 AM

Yes. It is getting cut off... only if the text length is too long for the cap of the box. The text box is situated between two areas of bound field text boxes. The report is actually a report that employees type. (a state form) so I can't adjust where the text box is situated. If more space is needed the employee goes to page 2 which is completely different. (different header/footer) but the detail section is all blank for text... Hope that made some sense. Sorry I was forced by circumstance to learn this... it is new, but I would like to doit right.

Oct 23, 2008, 10:36 AM

Is the text box bound to a memo field or a text field?

Oct 23, 2008, 11:55 AM
    A text field

Oct 23, 2008, 12:06 PM

Ok, Then what you might be able to do is trim the text. Lets say you can fit 150 characters on page 1. So set the controlsource of the box on page 1 to:

=Left([fieldname],150)

Then set the controlsource for the box on Page 2 to:

=Right([fieldname],Len([fieldname])-150)

Oct 23, 2008, 11:02 PM

Gave it a shot, but it did not work.. Thanks for your time. It is difficult sometimes to make sure I am asking / posting correctly... so that you can give an appropriate response. Is my description OK? If not here is another shot... Same form, two pages. First form has a text box bound to a field on my form. The field on the form is set to "can grow" (yes). The text area on the first report is small, the second page of the report is only required if additional space is needed... for the same text field... I just need the text area on the first page to roll, grow, auto expand(teminology?) into the second page... I have no clue where to go... maybe I should start over and rework from the beginning... any suggestions? Thanks again for your time.

Oct 24, 2008, 06:14 AM

Can you attach a stripped down version of your database with just the form and report and what's needed for them?

Getting a text box to span two pages could be a problem.

Oct 24, 2008, 07:18 AM

Ok, I 'll give it a shot. Leave it to me to pick the one thing access can't do??

Oct 24, 2008, 07:45 AM

OK STRIPPED DOWN IS?? I can only get it down to about 750kb in a zip file... sorry for one more question...

Oct 24, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Sorry didn't read the whole post, I'll get it.

Oct 24, 2008, 07:58 AM

Well no matter how much I compressed it, even with just the form and report it still is 250kb... I am going to search some more. I appreciate your time... wish I could have been more of a help. If you have any help I'll come back and give it a shot. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Text message access from PC [ 3 Answers ]

How do you access your cingular go phone text messages, sent and received, from your computer (already have a set up for recharging phone from PC.)

Return text when trying to access web page [ 1 Answers ]

I get this text return when I am trying to go to a certain webpage. What does it mean? Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/www/virtual/procash2/www.xxx.com/support/investigate/www/include/dbconn.php on line 46 QUERY: SELECT * FROM topics where...

Network Access Issue [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for suggestions here. I have a home network that includes two desktops and two laptops all running XP of various flavors. I also have to NAS storage devices, one that uses special software and one that does not. The desktops and NAS devices connect to an 8-port switch which then connects to...

View more questions Search