Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makgitle Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 12:19 AM
    My run utility it's gone.
    Hi everyone

I'm currently experiencing something new to my life. I'm been running windows xp pro service p2. Suddenly my run utility it's gone even when I press crt+alt+del my log off or new task buttens are grayed out which I can't use the.I sometimes believe it my be caused by a virus on my flash stick as the problem appearing from both my office PC and home PC.Anyone with previous experience on this,your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards.:)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 06:50 AM

MISSING "RUN" OPTION:

1. Open gpedit by double clicking on 'gpedit.msc' (C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpedit.msc)
    2. Open 'User configuration' -> 'Administrative Templates' ->'Start Menu & Toolbar'
    3. In the right pane find 'Remove Run from start menu' and double click on it to open the configuration window
    4. Chose 'Disable' and push OK button

MISSING LOGOFF OPTION:

1. Open gpedit by double clicking on 'gpedit.msc' (C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpedit.msc)
    2. Open 'User configuration' -> 'Administrative Templates' ->'System' > 'Ctrl+Alt+Del Options'
    3. In the right pane find 'Remove Logoff' and double click on it to open the configuration window
    4. Chose 'Disable' and push OK button

ADDRESSING THE POSSIBLE VIRUS ISSUE:

Then, please download the free utility Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
    • The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
    • When the scan is complete, click
      • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
      • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
      • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
      • The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
      • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
      • Make sure that everything is checked , and click Remove Selected.
      • When disinfection is completed , a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart (See Extra Note).
      • A run log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs TAB in MBAM.
      , then Show Results to view the results.
    • Make sure that everything is checked , and click Remove Selected.
    • When disinfection is completed , a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart (See Extra Note).
    • A run log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs TAB in MBAM.

Extra Note:
    If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If total utility is decreasing, then marginal utility is [ 0 Answers ]

If total utility is decreasing, then marginal utility is

Sys Config Utility [ 2 Answers ]

Tells me every time I boot that "The S.C.U. is currently in diagnostic or Select startup mode". No it is not. It is in normal mode. I select the check box and start again, sometimes. Still comes up. I run msconfig.exe. It is in Normal mode. The message still comes up. What is going on and...

Utility bills [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, good day to all Can anybody explain me why electric company bills their consumer in KWHr not in KVAhr? Is this to the advantage of the electric company?

Ocr utility [ 2 Answers ]

I have Microsoft office docoment imaging.its default OCR language is English.how can I install urdu as additional language.

All in one utility box... [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for some kind of network device that would serve as a Router, print server Wireless access point and be able to handle T1 or fractional T1. Anyone heard of anything like this?

View more questions Search