Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac59 View Post
    I'm not blaming society totally but look at the way things are and have been. Little boys aren't called names growing up like "you butch little hetero creep" or laughed at for liking girls or dating women. Hell no. Quite the contrary. ... Imagine that sort of a world and you'll appreciate what we (gay people) have had to endure. So yes, I do feel like a victim.
    I agree with this, it stinks. But in the real world we all live in, about the worst insult to either a hetero man or a gay man is to be compared to a woman--e.g. sissy, p***y,c***, etc. The essential insult to gay men is not that they love men, but that they are like women. How does it feel to be the insult cast as others? Not very good.
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    I don't think we should be giving cadillac such a hard time. It WOULD be embarrassing to have to admit to gay friends how deep in the closet one was. Whatever the reasons this happened, he's trying to fix things now, so I think we should focus on how he can best treat his wife, instead of us trying to reproduce her anger. Only she knows exactly how angry she feels or why. Let him listen to her anger, not that of strangers. She is the one who was hurt, and cadillac too, for that matter, not us.
    Thank you for your kind words.

I know I carry most of the blame over this situation but I'm hurting too. Don't think I don't wish I had come out a long time ago and never gotten married. At lease I'm not like these guys who continue living in the marriage and sneaking around on the wife or like those guys who get divorced and marry again! There are plenty of guys out there doing just that (as some say living on the down low, the Brokeback Mountain thing) and so many of them hook up online, meet in parks for sex, or have sex behind a gay bar in an alley (like I've done and am not very proud of). At least I'm trying to do things right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife on dependent visa and husband dies, can wife stay in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Husband worked in UK for 7 yrs and wife has worked here about 5. Wife is on dependent visa. Husband got seriously ill and died recently. Is wife allowed to still stay in UK? What should she do to be able to stay? Can she apply for permanent residence? Husband is buried to UK and wife would like to...

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

What is a angry wife to do [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I were married for 3 years and dated for 9 years. Within the last year I had heard from his friends that he was sleeping with different women. I even got his cell phone and read messages from a female. I confronted him and he stated that it was nothing. After about four of his...

Why am I so angry with him [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all I have had this huge problem that I can't seem to let go of. Let me first tell you the basis of it all. I had been in a serious long term relationship with a man for nearly 4 years, I was living with him at the time and we were due to get married. But unfortunately the relationship ended...

Angry [ 2 Answers ]

Dear who ever I will not tell you my name. For some reason I am always feeling :mad: with someone but I don't know who.

View more questions Search