Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plainjane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2006, 08:15 PM
    Messed up hair!
    Today I highlighted my hair at home using herbal esseance blonde hightlights. My hair has never been hightlighted before but it's a light brown blonde or honey color. I didn't leave it in long about only 15 min. when my mom who also used the same color came out of the shower after washing it out and it was orangeish blonde. I then immediately washed it out. My hair now has some blonde highlights and my hair looks almost the same but I really miss my old hair. How lond should it take for the highlights to fade? And if they won't what is the other alternative?

-plainjane
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 5, 2006, 07:46 PM
    Home highlighting kits contain bleach. When using bleach you have to be careful. If you do it too early it will be orange, if you leave it too long it will be over processed. I recommend you go to a professional stylist to correct your color for you.
    lois_lou Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Jul 9, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Hiya. I had a similar experience when I wanted streaks in my hair quite a while ago. At first they were ginger so I dyed over them. It didn't get rid of them but it blended them into my hair more. Streaks are really hard to get rid of (from my own personal experience anyway) and you will proabably just have to wait for them to grow out. My streaks only went after I accidentally dyed my hair black, and even after that you could still faintly see them. Sorry x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Messed Up 4 Life [ 53 Answers ]

I Was Engaged To Be Married 2 Yrs. Ago. I Was With Him For 4 Yrs. We Met New Year's Day 2000, Got Together May 1, 2000, Broke Up For The First Time New Year's Day 2003,but Then We Got Engaged May 1, 2003. I Set Our Wedding Date For New Year's Day 2004. I Had The Day, Place, Dress, Rings,...

Shoot! I think I messed up [ 6 Answers ]

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb...

E-mail colors messed up [ 3 Answers ]

I'm using 98SE--All the e-mails in my Yahoo account are highlighted in some dark blue color that is hard to read--The colors on the side where it says Inbox-Bulk-etc. are perfect--I have tried the 16 bit, and the 256 bit color change--that doesn't work--Also changed the colors in e-mail to a...

Messed Up 4 Baby-Moma [ 6 Answers ]

:o A few days after I totally stopped having any dealings with my ex I got a phone call from a guy that was my best friend for 2 years... I guess ever since my break-up with my ex. But I ended up having to move away from him in Texas Feb. of last year. Well... we were very good friends plus we...

Messed up my registry. [ 7 Answers ]

Few months back I did something I got from a website that supposedly would let me print a directory list. Well, I don't like the format that it prints, and it would not let me SAVE the list (which was really my goal). Worse yet, I now have to right click > Open all folders on my computer. When...

View more questions Search