Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armedforyou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Wife brainwashing the kids
    How do I prove my wife is brainwashing my 5/8/9 year old girls against me.
    JMERocks Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Oct 22, 2008, 05:18 PM

No offense but kids are very smart. I know my daughter picks up on everything. Without more details no one could probably answer your question correctly. Just keep in mind children feel torn and maybe Mom is just around more. Try talking to the kids and you will probably find the answers you need. Lastly, try not to find the point of the blame just tell them how important they are and that you love them no matter if they are mad at you.
    Bonnie46 Posts: 113, Reputation: 16

Oct 22, 2008, 05:18 PM

You can't. But you can be a fun, happy, listening and participating Father to them. Sooner or later, little girls grow up. If you can always be a positive influence in their lives, and truly respect and appreciated them WITHOUT saying ANYTHING about your wife - they will figure it all out soon enough for themselves. Life and Karma is funny that way. You just need to be a good seed and be patient. Be wonderful - have fun with them. If they say: "Daddy - Mommy doesn't like us to ------------" - if it's something SAFE (ie. You're not running them across a dangerous railroad track to get a close-up of a train) then listen to their concerns, come up with a few compromises, and let your daughters decide to do what makes THEM feel safe and comfortable. TRUST ME. It may take 10 years, but girls are SHARP. If your wife is truly nuts - they'll figure it out quickly.

Are you perfect? Did you do anything that would threaten your wife (i.e. cheat on her) to make her want to sick the girls against you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 05:19 PM

This is the issue, often you can not, you may see if your attorney wants the judge, perhaps in closed session or in private ( without mom and dad) be questioned by the judge. At least the 8 and 9 year old.

Oct 22, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Yes! I agree with JMERocks! Your girls will feel torn - loyalty issues - which parent should they show preference to? Please DON'T force them to MAKE THAT CHOICE. It's so unfair and selfish of any adult / parent to do that - including your wife. They are young and CONFUSED - being pulled unfairly in two directions. Just listen, love them and tell them that you've got their back no matter what. Even if they are quiet and don't show affection to you initially - just love them unconditionally with hugs and kisses and constant praise. They didn't ask for this to happen. They are simply innocent bystanders caught in the middle.

Oct 22, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Listen to them - how do they feel? Are they scared or angry? What are their fears? *You are angry at your wife. (maybe she's a - you have every right to be pissed off at her) That's YOUR issue. Try to keep the girls from seeing that SIDE of you. Show them the good. You can deal with your wife by involving a lawyer. Keep the pain and misery of the situation away from your daughters and make your time with them about THEM, not you or your wife. Hang in there. You can do it, but you need to be calm, and patient.
    WakkieRob Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2008, 05:36 PM

The source of the problem is yourself not letting go of the past happenings and trying to be friends again even if its for the kids. After all its them you care about and you would do anything for them right. Give it a go who knows!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wife left me and took kids. [ 32 Answers ]

I'm in the military first of all so everything I do is scrutinized and monitered by the military. My wife left me and took my two kids. She won't talk to me about what she thinks or what she feels. Every time we talk I get anger and frustration. We have had a very hard marriage. We have been...

Taking my kids on vacation when my ex-wife says no [ 3 Answers ]

Please help!! My fiancé and I are going to see my family out of state for Thanksgiving, he is to have his children that weekend, we want the kids to go with us, but his Ex wife is refusing to let them go even if it is our time. What would happen if we took the kids out of state with out...

My wife wants kids and I don't [ 17 Answers ]

Okay, I have been married for over two years and together with my wife for a total four (dating and marriage). Right after we got married I went to law school and we had to move across the country. At first it was rocky, but then things were great for about the last year and a half. However,...

My wife and kids [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 boys from a earlier marriage and 1 stepson from my current marriage. My oldest son has had a hard time with the divorce of his mom and I, and has made him disrespectfull and argumentitive to his stepmom. My wife and I get along great until my boys come home then she is a different person....

Kids Father talks bad on ex-wife and me in front of kids [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, admins please move to the appropriate section. Thanks Now for the question, I have been seeing my girlfriend for almost 7 months now. We do live together with her 2 beautiful girls who I adore and treat as my own. They are 5 and 3 and...

View more questions Search