Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyonsjosh79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 04:24 PM
    What is the average cost of 1 sq ft of painting,
    If I have 1000 sq ft of painting, lvrm vaulted ceiling, hallway, master bdrm, kitchen ceiling and walls, (color change )and a half day prep how much would I charge?
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2008, 05:07 PM
    I am not sure what you are asking here? Are you paying or are you the contractor?

Either way I would say with this many rooms, 1000 sounds low and with vaults, color changes, etc you have a wide range.

Depending on the quality, prep, condition, furniture? colors, part of the country etc,
    You could be between $2-5000

I know it's a wide range, but your info is in a narrow range.

Good luck Roger
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 05:36 PM

OK is this 1000 feet of paint area, since a 10 by 10 room if you do the celing will be 500 sq ft minus window surface of actual paint surface,

Are is your 1000 the floor sq footage of the rooms to be painted.

Now this is a handyman we are hiring but we are getting 2 bedrooms, a living room, a dining room and a small bath done, each room is at least 10 ft by 10 ft with 10 ft high walls, they are painting the ceilings also. Several colors and trim will also be painted. All furniture will have to be moved.
    This is in southern Mo but the labor is going to be 1100 to 1200 dollars, paint not included.

We could have had someone who merely paints after his regular job and weekends a lot cheaper, and we could have had someone who cost more.

So you need to est how long it takes YOU to paint, and how much your time is worth.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 02:44 AM

Hi, lyonsjosh79!

As has already been indicated in the above two responses, there are a number of factors that come into play when pricing a paint job.

What also needs be known is how the paint is to be applied, like is it by spraying, rolling or brushing or any combination of those. Also, how many coats and if there is any priming involved, in addition to the other things that have already been mentioned.

Knowing those things will also help in determining some sort of price per square foot.

Also, if a painter is going to be doing any brushing of trim, most will charge by the linear foot and not square foot, so that also might come into play as far as the pricing is concerned.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Average Cost Per Unit [ 1 Answers ]

Direct Materials: $87,000 Factory Depreciation: $41,000 Question: Assume that the company produced the equivalent of 10,000 units of product during the year. What was the average cost per unit for direct materials? What was the average cost per unit for factory depreciation? Please...

Find Cost of goods sold and ending inventory using.average cost/FIFO/LIFO [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a hard time with the fifo and lifo method... of this question Began with 73 yards @ 23 per yard During the month the company made the following purchases. March 3/4 113 yards @ 27 3/12 81 yards @ 29 3/19 167 yards @ 32 3/25 44 yards @ 35

Finance / cost of equity and weighted average cost of capital [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about calculating the after-tax cost of new debt and common equity. Calculate the cost of equity and calculate weighted cost of capital. I do not understand this a bit. The following tabulation gives earnings per share figures for the Foust Company during the preceding 10 years. The...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

View more questions Search