Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roseey Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Planting roses
    :) I have a rose bush that I did not get planted in the ground. It is now the end of October. I live in northern Ohio.. Can I store this plant. If so were is the best place? Do I have to keep it in doors? Thank you for any help.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 09:12 AM

If the rose bush is in a pot, it will winter okay in the pot outside. Discontinue watering it.
    princessdebula Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 11:47 PM

It's true you can overwinter the rose in it's pot, but if temperatures drop below freezing for any length of time it's best to dig a hole the depth of the pot and plant it pot and all. Cover the crown with a little hill of dirt. This will hold it better until the spring when you can dig it up and plant without the pot. Try to do that while the rose is still dormant. There will probably be some dieback, so don't prune until you see some green growth. That way you'll only be pruning off the dead wood. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Planting grass in clay [ 12 Answers ]

We have an acre or so to mow and are looking for a grass to grow in clay (Indiana). We have patches of grass now and are thinking about Zoysia to fill in the gaps. We have fertilized and used gypsum to break up soil (to no avail). Any recommendations as to anything that can be done to the soil? ...

Planting Sunflower seeds [ 4 Answers ]

My Daughter wants to grow Sunflowers. We have the planting seed mixture. I understand the instructions to a certain point - everything except this part: It says to plant seeds 6 inches apart. Then it says to thin seedlings to stand 12 to 18 inches apart when they are 3 inches high... ...

Planting petunias [ 1 Answers ]

Can I plant petunias along side of Agastache cana?

Planting a new lawn from scratch [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to start a new lawn . We have hard dirt in our yard. I 'm thinking, until it, put down some sifted top soil, ferterlizer, lime and grass seeds. I don't know what kind or how much. I'm talking about doing it right now region SE Virginia

View more questions Search