Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat44314 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2006, 07:32 PM
    No period for 1 yr after baby... Dr has no idea
    I am 32, I gave birth jan 05. I had heavy bleeding up till 7 weeks when the dr performed a DNC, due to having piece of placenta left. Immediately after that I stopped bleeding. I went on the Depo shot for 2 cycles to prevent pregnancy. I was also breastfeeding. I didn't have any bleeding or spotting for almost 15 months. I had stopped the depo shot in Sept. and in Dec I stopped breastfeeding. When I went in for my pap (in april) he put me on Proveria to start my cycle and I also had an ultrasound all came back normal and the Proveria did not do anything. He then put me on BC pills, I have had a light 2 day spotting, then some light browish discharge. My husband and I have not used any other BC, all pregnancy tests come back negative. Do you have any ideas?:confused:
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2006, 07:38 PM
    You should investigate further about depo shots.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 4, 2006, 07:48 PM
    Ah, I had a similar experience. Doc has no idea right? Well, it can take up to a year for cycles to be back to normal after childbirth. I understand it was a year in Jan 06, however, during that time you were on Depo and BC pills. The combination of these two drugs can put your cycle even more out of whack. However, DO NOT assume that during the time you do not have your menses that you cannot get pregnant.

I did and she is 12 years old now. The shot did not start mine either. Some women just tend to have symptoms like this depending on level of physical activity, stress and diet.

I have since found that even though you do not menstruate, you still ovulate. If pap came back normal and everything else is going fine. It may be just your system coming back from the "shock" of pregnancy, D&C, Depo and BC pills. It will take several more months to get back to "normal."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My own idea about whitening [ 1 Answers ]

Hi every one :) I have an idea about skin whitening :cool: : I read topic that say that : UV radiation is producing vitamin D in our body and also it is breaks Down folate, essential vitamin B .

An idea [ 1 Answers ]

I have an idea, maybe I should order one of those blow up male dolls, Just to see how he reacted to that, maybe he will join in or just pop it and start having sex with me again. :rolleyes:

Have an idea [ 2 Answers ]

This is a really good place to get your own websites. I use it for my own business. Its only $4 a month with no hidden charges. You do not have to know web design, If you can use this site, then you can easily create an effective site of your own. No software to buy or download. Everything is...

View more questions Search