Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jknox Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Water Softeners
    Know anything about Pelican salt-free Water Softeners? If so, are they any good?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 04:58 PM

Sorry, I am not familiar with Pelican brand.

We use Kenmore softeners from Sears for many years. It is the only product we buy from Sears. The reason is that they really offer well built softener that our customers love. We always purchase their high end model. We have never had any complaints...

You are not saying what City/State you are in. Some Cities don't allow water softeners because of the salt water discharge. Check with your local Building Department.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Daylight basement water leak, cause by broken water pipe or saturated ground water? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 units 3 stories with daylight basement apartment. Build in 1960. Just bought it few months ago. Last year the previous owner had a bad flood in the daylight basement after long period of rain. They cleaned out the area, remodel it. Good for few months, last couple of weeks rain long...

Water softeners [ 1 Answers ]

I have well water that is 90 grains hard. I'm fairly new to the whole softener scene. Any advise would be appreciated. I've had quotes from $2000 to $5600 for either salt or potassium based systems. Sound reasonable? What about these "salt free systems"? Do they work? Please help. ...

Whole house filters and water softeners [ 1 Answers ]

Since I'm replumbing the entire house I thought I would got for the whole nine yards, and install a Whole House Water Filter and a Water Softener. Any advide on this being a good idea? One of my neighbors said I shouldn't install the filter since the stuff I'm filtering out is needed inside the...

View more questions Search