Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    def Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2006, 05:47 PM
    Kitchen Sink Faucets
    How do I unplug my kitchen sink faucets? I removed the aerator and cleaned it, but that doesn't improve the flow at all.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 5, 2006, 04:42 AM
    What type of faucet do you have? One handle or two knobs? What brand is it? Hot bad? Cold? Both? How old is the faucet? The house? What kind of pipes? Copper? Galvanized? I need details before I can give a answer. Regards, Tom

Jun 5, 2006, 05:13 AM
    The faucet is a two handle Delta, both hot and cold are a little over a trickle. The house is about 15 years old. The piping is copper.
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 6, 2006, 06:55 AM
    First shut off the water from under the cabinet. Remove the cartridges, (see images) and check and clear the inlet ports. While you have both cartridges out and the valve open place a pan over the valve to prevent splash andturn the water on for a minute bon to flush out both the hot and cold supplies. You should have a full stream. Reassemble and test. Better now? Regards, Tom

Jun 6, 2006, 06:04 PM
    If I have the cartridges out, won't the water come out of the openings for the cartridges rather than the faucet? What valve do you want me to put a pan over? I feel like a real stupid woman now.
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 7, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by def
    If I have the cartridges out, won't the water come out of the openings for the cartridges rather than the faucet? What valve do you want me to put a pan over? I feel like a real stupid woman now.
    Hey! You're not stupid and if you're a women alone that's doing this on her own you deserve all the help I can give you.
    Let's go through this again.
    First shut off the water from under the cabinet.(THESE ARE THE LITTLE SHUT OFF VALVES ON THE SUPPLY PIPES THAT WILL PREVENT THE WATER FROM COMING OUT THE OPEN FAUCET) Remove the cartridges, (see images) ( I PUT THE IMAGES UP FOR A GUIDE IN TAKING THE FAUCET APART.)and check and clear the inlet ports, (THOSE LITTLE OPENINGS ON THE BOTTOM. ALSO PULL OUT THE SEATS AND SPRINGS AND CHECK AND CLEAR THE OPENING UNDER THEM). While you have both cartridges out and the valve open place a pan over the open faucet to prevent splash,( THE FAUCET WILL BE APART AND OPEN. PLACE A PAN OVER IT AND TURN THE WATER BACK ON UNDER THE CABINET) and turn the water on for a minute on to flush out both the hot and cold supplies. You should have a full stream. Reassemble and test.
    DON'T BE SHY ABOUT ASKING MORE QUESTIONS. REMEMBER, I'M AS CLOSE AS A CLICK. REGARDS, TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink drain [ 6 Answers ]

Maybe someone can help me figure out a new way to drain the kitchen sink. I have installed a new kitchen sink along with a garbage disposal. I am having problems with the drainage system. The drain is horizontal and is at a higher level than the discharge drain to the garbage disposal. Basically...

No pressure in kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a new water heater installed. Since that occurred have very little water pressure in my kitchen sink now. Any ideas? Thanks!

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Kitchen Sink Won't Drain [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 1400 Sq Ft. House, on a Slab. Built in the late 1950's. We just recently had a problem occur on Dec. 22nd, my wife called me at work and said the main bathroom toilet just flooded from underneath the stool. She was just in there cleaning the bathroom. Then went and started a load of...

Kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I need "backflow" protectors ?

View more questions Search