Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MomWontGiveUp Posts: 179, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Research: Where do I find judge's and attorney's past case files?
    I'm doing my own research on the judge who presided over my child custody matter, as well as the children's court appointed attorney. So far, from some of the information I've found on the matter of court appointed attorneys for children, there are strong arguments that suggest the role of the child's attorney (or in my case "Best Interests Attorney") creates the potential for the court to be usurped, or to at least not consider the evidence as carefully because he has already made the best interest determination.

I want to find case studies on both the judge and the children's attorney to support my appeal, should I need to file one. Under Oregon Law, an appeal needs to be filed within 30 days of a court ruling. I know my time has passed for the Supplemental Judgment but I want to stay one step ahead of the system when the final hearing is heard.

The Supplemental Judgment includes requirements that both parents seek individual counseling and that the children and I attend family counseling, which their father is supposed to provide transportation for the children on their scheduled appointments. To date, I have provided ALL transportation and father has been unable to provide transportation to two scheduled visitations at my home with my children.

It's my understanding that custody should be awarded to the parent who is most likely to cooperate and foster the relationship with the other parent. I have always been cooperative but the children's attorney spun this around and portrayed the father as the more cooperative parent. Her findings were all based on hearsay and she performed none of the usual methods of an evaluation. In fact, she spent less than two hours with my children in the four months she represented them prior to the preliminary hearing. Her proposed parenting plan provided no baseline parenting time schedule for me, which the judge legally could not enforce. Therefore, he made his own parenting time plan, which was a graduated alternating once-per-week afternoon visit, increasing to once-weekly afternoon visit and two scheduled phone calls during the week. The children are to have unlimited access to me, with no forceable overnights, however.

For those of you who have read my previous posts, you might recall that it's my feeling that I have been rail roaded and abused by the system. My position has not changed and I intend to fight for my Constitutional Rights, tooth and nail! So far, I have found this link:
    Guide to Law Online: U.S. Oregon - Law Library of Congress (Library of Congress)
    Which I hope provides some answers to my questions above. However, if anyone out there has any other resource they can direct me to, I will be truly grateful!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 02:27 PM

Maybe what you could do is call your local newspaper and talk with a reporter there. Not so much to tell them your story but to ask how to go about getting all the rulings given in a court system by a judge. Other then ferreting out all the cases a judge has presided over then siphoning the information that way ( would take forever ) there might be short cuts. Or you could possibly hire an intern for about a week and they could pull it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can potential employer find out about past job and disability? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for a company from 9/07-11/07 then went on disability. I am still employed there, however, do not plan on going back due to my disability (since 12/07)and since have moved away. I am still disabled, but need to find another job ASAP as my disability ran out. My question is: I want...

Can't find files. [ 4 Answers ]

I have some software (Storage Sync) that I use to backup files to a USB hard disk. When I run it, it backsup several files that are labeled Album Art. The problem I have is that I can not (using Windows Search) find these files (I would like to delete them). Can someone point me towards a better...

Attorney's handling of estate [ 1 Answers ]

I was notified a few months ago that a deceased uncle (died in 1986 that was single and childless had passed without a will. I am one of several nieces and nephews that are Heirs. An Attorney was appointed in the late 1980's and is just settling the estate now. I got an accounting of the estate...

Present Perfect or Simple Past in the case below [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question: I've learned that one of the differences between the present perfect and the simple past is expressed in the following examples: I've spent $20 today. (I can still spend money.) I went to the shops today. (But the shops are now closed... ) But if I want to...

Find someone's past years wages [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyway for someone to find out someone else's past years wages?

View more questions Search