Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 11:52 AM
    More and More GOPers Endorse Obama.
    "A longtime Republican State Senator in Wisconsin history announced on Tuesday that she would be supporting Barack Obama, in part because of the negative tone of the McCain-Palin campaign and, specifically, the use of "dishonorable" anti-Obama robocalls.

"All of us should be extremely wary of the half truths and outright untruths that have been spread by the recent negative campaigning and shameful automated phone calls," said Barbara Lorman of Fort Atkinson. "While my admiration for Senator Obama has grown with his positive approach to addressing the challenges facing our nation, my disappointment with the McCain campaigned has deepened. The negative tactics are inappropriate, downright dishonorable and have no place in the State of Wisconsin."

In issuing her statement, Lorman became the latest in a long line of Republicans endorsing OBAMA.

As we watch Republicans deserting their party, the morally and economically bankrupt Republican Party, go down the dumper. :)

About time.
    Merris Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2008, 12:05 PM

Choux

I just got a phone call today from my mom saying that my grandmother, who has always voted republican and who was originally just not going to vote this election, became enraged after seeing McCain on television today. She went and voted... for Obama. In her words, McCain is no different than Bush along with some profanity. Hehe... She's over 70, so this is pretty funny to me.

She even went to the democratic headquarters and tried to get an Obama sign for her yard. They were out.

Needless to say this made my week!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    "While my admiration for Senator Obama has grown with his positive approach to addressing the challenges facing our nation, my disappointment with the McCain campaigned has deepened. The negative tactics are inappropriate, downright dishonorable and have no place in the State of Wisconsin."

Exactly my thoughts! Except I don't live in Wisconsin. :)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 12:12 PM

I want an Obama sign... how do I get one?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 12:13 PM

Thanks, kids, no one has to be tied to the failed policies and political parties of the past!

Loved the comments about your grandmother. :)

You know, I don't have an Obama sign... sure wish I did so I could proudly display it in my window. :)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Who? We're supposed to get excited that one obscure state senator is "More and More GOPers?"
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Who? We're supposed to get excited that one obscure state senator is "More and More GOPers?"
    You got excited over an obscure governor.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You got excited over an obscure governor.
    She was only obscure to you "well informed" people, I mentioned her as a possible VP pick in February.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 01:54 PM
    And in you post you say:
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    I don't know much about her
    Just as the republican state senator must be well known to the "well informed" people as well. The general public had no idea who Palin was. And you only mentioned her because you thought she was pretty.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    And in you post you say:

Just as the republican state senator must be well known to the "well informed" people as well. The general public had no idea who Palin was. And you only mentioned her because you thought she was pretty.
    You're as bad as the media in quoting out of context. The quote was "I don't know much about her yet... ". You also omitted the part that my answer was a reply to excon who said "McCain is a war hero and has a cute wife." What's that saying about insanity, "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?" You keep trying to make others look foolish and the facts keep coming back to show your folly. Haven't you learned yet?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 03:40 PM

A long time dog catcher in my neighborhood said he was likely to vote for Obama also.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 22, 2008, 04:17 PM

Polls will be polls. The only one that counts comes Nov. 4.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Conservatives For Change

What I didn't expect was the emotional wallop these unscripted interviews deliver. A combination of deep disillusionment with the last eight years, disappointment in John McCain's candidacy, and an undeniable draw to Obama brought these people to a political decision that was deeply personal and courageous. It became clear to me that these were more than interviews. These were confessions.

This is what democracy is supposed to be. These people actually listened, considered and were open to the possibility of change. They didn't support a candidate. They actually chose one. And while I'm happy this year they are voting for "my team," they also inspired me to be more open in my own political life.

I thought we were making an ad campaign about Obama. But I think we ended up making an ad campaign about the essential ingredient that makes democracy work: an open mind. We don't belong to our political parties. Our political parties belong to us.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:01 AM

Washington Times - BLANKLEY: Conservatism reborn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colin Powell to endorse OBAMA [ 23 Answers ]

American hero Colin Powell is expected to endorse Barack Obama shortly. His endorsement will be a repudiation of Bush(ElDouche)'s conduct of two wars, Afghanistan and Iraq, AND the final nail in McSame and Sancho Panza's run. This news should dominate the news cycle for a few days. :)

Do you think the NRA will endorse John McCain [ 5 Answers ]

I am waiting to see if they do. There is a bunch of Obama rhetoric on their website but I don't see any about McCain. He is not any better than Obama is when it comes to guns. He has sponsored anti gun legislation in the past. He received a failing grade from the Gun Owners of America, as did...

Is Obama The One? [ 27 Answers ]

Check this, if you dare: He ventured forth to bring light to the world | Gerard Baker - Times Online

Obama did it again [ 28 Answers ]

Obama just moved the capitol of Israel to Jerusalem. Odd, how the President is a bumbling cowboy and McCain is a stupid old man, when it is Obama who keeps on showcasing his own lack of knowledge.

WHY does Obama say uh so much [ 42 Answers ]

Obama Says "Uhh" 144 Times in Eleven Minutes during Press Conference - Video Link 6/16/08 His past uh, uh, um, uh's were nothing compared to lately. ... and to think how Bush was criticized for not being a good speaker! Anyway I was listening to the radio today and they said he said uh...

View more questions Search