Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Oct 30, 2008, 12:41 PM
    I have to agree with some of the post on Christians. It seems every time there is a war somehow the "Christians" seem to be involved. And almost all these wars are fought in the name of "God".
    Ever time I turn on the television it seems there is some preacher "waging a war" against this or that. Be it Halloween, abortion or gay marriage. They always want to "wage a war" or call themselves "Christian Soldiers". WAR WAR WAR... why not try peace, love and understanding.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Nov 2, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by path View Post
    It seems every time there is a war somehow the "Christians" seem to be involved. And almost all these wars are fought in the name of "God".
    Certainly a lot of worldwide violence is based on religious views and religious interests. Many wars indeed had - and still have - a religious cause.

Quote Originally Posted by path
    Ever time I turn on the television it seems there is some preacher "waging a war" against this or that. Be it Halloween, abortion or gay marriage. They always want to "wage a war" or call themselves "Christian Soldiers".
    Indeed. It is called religious intolerence. The "I believe that, and that is why that is "true"" syndrom.

:)

Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Credendovidis,

yes, THAT must be why we don't have heaven on earth...it is because of the Christians and their "approach and intolerant behavior". LOL LOL

You might want to try reading your own posts. Not only are you intolerant, but you lack in the "approach" towards others as well. bummer. jesus said something I have always thought interesting AND is applicable even for an athesist like yourself...he said...(and I paraphrase)...Dude, get the stinkin LOG out of your OWN eye before you try to get the splinter out of mine. Gotta love that. Hows bout that for "approach" huh?
    Well said! On a separate thread, Cred is trying to stop people from discussing the topic because he does not like the direction that it is taking.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 05:14 PM

*Ahem*

Please stay on topic if you are going to post in this thread. Don't drag arguments from other threads into this one.

Thank you.
    -

Nov 3, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab View Post
    *Ahem*
    Although by now we have passed 31 October again, the topic question is still valid.

So far I have not seen any VALID argument in this topic why Christians should not celebrate Halloween.

Though Halloween zooms in on the - for many - preference for ery , fear, and sinister issues (just like many books, movies, rollercoaster, etc.) , the main thing is just big fun for children.

:)

classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 06:14 AM

Cred,

Well, she wasn't asking for an argument, she was asking why some Christians would think it is wrong. Gosh Cred, sound like you atheists want to ARGUE everything... you know it could be why we don't have heaven on earth. LOL LOL LOL
    -

Nov 4, 2008, 04:53 PM
    classyT :

All I stated was : " So far I have not seen any VALID argument in this topic why Christians should not celebrate Halloween.

Though Halloween zooms in on the - for many - preference for ery , fear, and sinister issues (just like many books, movies, rollercoaster, etc.) , the main thing is just big fun for children.
    "

Once more I note that your lack of any serious comment together with your misplaced innuendo shows that what I posted is correct. Of course.
    Everyone here knows that. And - as usual - you can't accept that and show your frustration with your post...

:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

WiseRacoon Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:14 PM

The festival of Samhain (halloween) has pre-christian origins and is thought that souls of the dead wander the Earth and are free to return to the mortal world until dawn. Bonfires and lanterns where implemented into this to ward of the ghosts and demons that walked among them also samhain was supposably a demon who walked among raising the dead and as night grew on her grew stronger... masks where worn so samhain couldn't see you... this originated in Ireland and Scotland. This is only folklor but was widely believed in the mid 17th century.. so it doesn't matter if halloween has evil origins.. this may have been fabricated because the evenings grew shorter and colder... my advice is enjoy halloween... its perfect.. dark and creepy.. get drunk and enjoy..
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis View Post
    classyT :

All I stated was : " So far I have not seen any VALID argument in this topic why Christians should not celebrate Halloween.

"

Once more I note that your lack of any serious comment together with your misplaced innuendo shows that what I posted is correct. Of course.
    Everyone here knows that. And - as usual - you can't accept that and show your frustration with your post ....

:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

Oh Please,

I already answered. I think it is silly to make Halloween evil. What is with your "as usual "comment... please... you don't know me and I'm certainly not frustrated. I was making a funny. Guess it went right over your head. Bummer. Too bad! It made me laugh but then we Christians have a sense of humor. We actually laugh ) well that is when we aren't starting wars.)... LOL
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 05:16 PM

Oh for cryn' out loud... PLEASE SEE POST #24!

Stay on topc, or get out of the thread!

And, classyT, fyi, I'm one of "you atheists"; you might want to stop generalizing people... hard to make friends that way, but a great way to make enemies.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 05:16 PM

Halloween is over, thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How old is to old to go out for halloween? [ 8 Answers ]

I was listening to the radio this morning and the people on their were saying that they think that trick or treating should be 12 and under. Im just curious as to what others think. Personally I think people should be allowed to do trick-or-treating up until I say about age 18. As long as the...

Halloween Ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for good Halloween ideas for this year. Example: Last year I set up a doll/mannequin with a styrofoam head along with an array of halloween decorations. Then ran a garden hose from from an air tank. To a copper pipe inside the styrofoam head. Then I sit twenty feet away in disguise of...

Too Old for Halloween? [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ten Signs That You’re Too Old for Trick or Treating 10. You get winded from knocking on the door. 9. You have another kid chew the candy for you. 8. You ask for high fiber candy only. 7. When someone...

Halloween [ 6 Answers ]

Well, it's getting close to Halloween and I'm thinking of paying a local kid to egg the houses of people that bother me. Could get expensive for the eggs, though. But wouldn't this be great for my mental health?

Halloween [ 3 Answers ]

When was halloween first started and why?

View more questions Search