Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdun23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Heat not working
    I have an electric water heater and our air has been working fine this summer but now that the fall is upon us and it has started to be cooler in the early mornings and late evenings, I decided to turn the heat on to warm the house. When I did this, nothing happened so then I moved the switch from AUTO to ON to make sure that it would come on. The other switch has been moved from air to heat and the temperature has been moved up so the heat can switch over to heating the house. Is there anything I can check or try to do in an attempt to correct this? I have checked the air filter already and it has been changed.
    yenot75 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Sounds as if the capacitor in your outside unit may be bad... It's best to have an experienced HVAC Technician look at it if you have limited electrical experience. You can get shocked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat is not working [ 7 Answers ]

My furnace is working and the pilot is lit. the fan will run when I turn it on. The heat is not coming on but if I switch to air conditioning and lower the temperature on the thermostat, the air will work. Is this a furnace problem or with the thermostat on the wall, I only have the one. The fuse...

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

A/C working, switched to heat, now ac and heat don't work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Replaced my thermostat in the summer, everything worked good,switched the new thermostat to heat for the first time, now neither the A/C or heat work? Any Ideas? Andy

Heat, a/c fan not working [ 1 Answers ]

The heater was working fine yesterday morning. Last night when I returned home, it was freezing. Nothing will work - not the heater, the air conditioner or fan. There eis not even a clicking noice at the thermostat when I turn it up, down, from one function to another. I flipped the breaker in...

Heat isn't working [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have central AC/Heat and the heat portion doesn't appear to be working. New to home and have not ever had it working. Is there any common problems that anyone can let me know of so I can check them out. When the heat is on, it blows air, just not hot air. Thanks in advance. David

View more questions Search