Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kgrohol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Air pockets coming out of the spickets when turned on
    Hi,
    Can you please tell me why ,all of a sudden, I have air pockets coming out of all my spickets when I turn them on/
    We have a well and ,although we get typical flow after a few seconds, I am concerned this might mean some bigger problem beginning.
    Thank You
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 22, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kgrohol View Post
    Hi,
    Can you please tell me why ,all of a sudden, I have air pockets coming out of all my spickets when I turn them on/
    We have a well and ,although we get typical flow after a few seconds, I am concerned this might mean some bigger problem beginning.
    Thank You
    I'm going to take a guess here. This could happen if a piece of trash got caught in the flap of the check or foot valve allowing the prime to trickle out of the pump leaving a pocket of air. There would still be enough water left to prime the pump but you would get a spurt of air when the pump kicked on. After that It would work normally until after it sat a while. Perhaps one of the other experts can add to this. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DIL has turned son against me [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: My son and I were very close when he was growing up and he married a very insecure, controlling woman. He was ripe for the pickins and has molded him into what she wanted and now he's all hers. She has said that she's never given a thought as to whether she likes me or not, and that...

Black and white movie ref old lady and pockets where there was always money in them [ 3 Answers ]

Hi trying to find the title of old black and white movie reference an old lady who kept finding money in her coat pockets regardless of being poor. She went about helping the needy etc, would love some help!

Buisy hands and full pockets [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the big one. Does any one know how, or has anyone found out how to make a little money with their hobbies? I really need some ideas. I want to do something fun and also make a little cash.

Air pockets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a well,sediment filter,watersoftener and electric water heater.When I first turn on a sink,bowl, etc. I get some water then air then the water begins flowing OK. The worst time is the first flush or opening of a sink in the morning.If the water is running its not bad. Happens wth both cold...

View more questions Search