Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tigersoul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 05:58 AM
    Permanent Resident Green Card and new law
    I have a permanent resident visa since 1987. I have not applied for US citizenship yet. I hear that the law has changed in regards to this type of resident green card. What is the new law status and how does that impact my residency? Thank you
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 09:25 AM

It does not have any impact on your legal status but you are required to replace your card with newer version. New card is valid for 10 years.

Submit for form I-90: Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanent resident card for someone who entered the country illegally [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to help out a guy I know. He came from Mexico about 10 years ago, if I had to guess I would think he came over illegally. Anyhow as far as I know he's stayed out of trouble the whole time he's been here. My brother wants to hire him, but doesn't want to until he can obtain a green...

Green card holder married to a non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am doing my mother's taxes. She is a Green Card holder and lives here. My dad does NOT have a green card and lives down in Brazil. However, legally, they are still married. When I try to file in Turbo Tax and check my mother as married, the software askes for my dad's social security....

Abandonment of Lawfull permanent resident card.now what? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: OMG!! I really need help. My case is probably not the regular. My names Nicole. I´m a German Citzen even though my dad an ex military (army) retiree is an American Citizen (my mom is German). I just got married the 30th of May 07 in New York to my American Husband spontaniously and...

View more questions Search