Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melanie42276 Posts: 56, Reputation: 0

Oct 22, 2008, 04:17 AM
    Modification of divorce
    Well to say the least, it is not wise to get a divorce with out a attorney, but I had no choice. Im a mother of two girls and I'm on ssi and disablity and not much of child support. But its done I got the divorce:D. I had to give my ex some kind of visitation so I did. Every other weekend. The problem is he is a sex affender. The child don't want to have anything to do with him so the judge said that after she was in cancling then his vistation starts. He has called his mother and said that this Friday if he got the papers in the mail that he is coming by to pick her up. What part of ( after she is in cancling didn't he get )? Like I said he is a sex affender and I will not up with any crap. I messed up bad by not sticking to what is right for the child and myself. And I paid for it all. So now how do I fix it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 04:22 AM

I have no idea why a judge would award visitation rights to a sex offender. Is he a registered sex offender? I mean is he on a list that the judge could access and confirm that he is?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 12:53 PM

If he is a registered sex offender then you basically have a couple of choices here. One, depending on the charges against him he may not legally be able to be near any minor children? Kind of vague information to go on, but if it were my children I would get child's protective services involved as a last resort. There is also such a thing as legal aid. They sure could help in this sort of situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do it yourself modification [ 2 Answers ]

I have three children whom have not heard from their father for a year and not seen their father for over four years. He pays child support, not half of what he should according to my state though. I can't get a true income amount from him. He was given visitation every month but has not made...

Behavior modification [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is mothering me and trying to make life a competetition and I don't like the way she is acting. She strives too much for attention and I don't know how to tell her. I don't even know if I should tell her or if there is a way to make my actions speak for me. I just need her to...

Modification [ 3 Answers ]

How do I go about getting a modification ?

Modification? [ 8 Answers ]

I recently had a baby girl in December, I am married and have an 11 yr. old girl. She lives w/ her mom, stepdad, and 2 yr. old son. The court appointed me to pay $749.00 in child support (before my new baby was born). Now that I have a newborn, I want to know is it worth it to do a...

View more questions Search