Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Wedding Date change
    My daughter is marrying a mititary man. Invitations mailed. Problem, Graduation date changed, which means wedding date needs to be changed. We contacted all parties involved. My question is: Since date is changed, is it proper ettiquette that invitees send gifts, due to the change. They will only be having a civil service w/no reception. Because he is being relocated to another state. Should the guests send gifts and or monetary obligations?

Thanks
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 4, 2006, 08:42 AM
    I believe that is up to each guest, whether the want to send gifts or money, if either.
    leannewin21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 05:03 AM
    I got wed this year and didn't ask the guest for anything , the reason was earlyer in the year we attended a wedding there the bride and groom asked every guest for money by putting a note in the invertasions and the guest wasn't impresses I thing anything you get should mean something and it should be up to the guest what they give but what I would say is if they are asked by the guest what they were they shouldn't be affriad off asking for what they really want .
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Asking for obligatory money is a big no no. There are actually one wedding I was invited to and they said it would cost I think it was 50 - 100 per person. I was like no way. Never heard of that before. All weddings that I have known it is volunteer giving. You should not expect something that just turns people right off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I fiancé and I are planning our wedding which started to be a large affair.. However, with everyone’s lack of interest I would just rather elope. My family lives 3000 miles away and I’ve tried communicating by phone with what needs to be done but it just ends up in an argument. My mother is not as...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

Wedding date change [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé are huge Titans fans and we are getting married on November 11, We are leavivg for our honeymoon the same day.There is a Titans football game we want to go to on the 12th,what should we do about our wedding date.I have no proomblem moving it up one week:confused:

Wedding help [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! Could use some advice... we live in a rural area where it seems to be custom to asking neighbors (invited as guests) to help clean up the bride/groom's table, doing dishes, setting out food on buffet arranged tables, etc. My husband and I always argue every time I get one of these invites...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search