Ask
    babycakes123 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Genetic counseling
    Who should receive genetic counseling
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 02:44 PM

I would say anyone who has a known family history of a genetic condition that may effect their well being. Parents planning on children with known family histories may want to know so that they can make decisions that are best for them... have children or not, know what to look for during a pregnancy, how best to prepare if a known issue arrises for medical care... education... etc..

It can be quite personal... some people may want to know if they are likely to have a major health concern in their future so they can plan accordingly. Someone else may prefer not to know with the thought that they can't do anything about it anyway and they don't want that knowledge to effect their current circumstances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is Ad Hominem/Genetic? [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to find out what is Ad Hominem/Genetic: (Spelling of "Hominen" corrected.)

Genetic Codes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have one question about genetics, I have black curly hair and black eyes, my mom has black curly hair and black eyes, my dad has wavy black hair and black eyes, my husband has brown eyes and black straight hair, and his mom has black straight hair and brown eyes, and his dad has blue eyes and...

Genetic traits [ 1 Answers ]

A cross involving only one pair of alleles?

Genetic [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to thank J_9 for her useful information on Artificial insemination cause I looked every where but couldn`t find a simple definition along with a few advantages and disadvantages of the procedure. I would lkie to know the difference between monohybrid and dihybrid crossing in...

View more questions Search