Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samjoyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Salt/Sand particles in water, low water pressure
    This evening we noticed that the main kitchen sink lost all pressure and sand/salt was appearing in the water from all sinks/showers. How is this happening and how do you fix it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 07:44 PM

Sand and salt, any chance this is actually bits of plastic from the water heater dip tube or even calcium build up that's broken loose. Roll one of the bits between your thumb and index finger, did it become creamy or stay gritty?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Black Particles in water [ 12 Answers ]

Help! I've discovered black particles in my water when I fill up a sink or bathtub. I contacted the water company and they believe the stuff is coming from within my house plumbing or water heater. The particles smear in the bottom of a tub or sink when touched. When they come out of the faucet...

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone within or adjacent to the rain forest [ 2 Answers ]

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone in the rain forest

Plumbing, particles in hot water [ 2 Answers ]

For several months at least, I have been cleaning the aerators on my faucets and finding much white particles, very white. They are small but they obstruct the flow. I have determined that they are only in the hot water by running the hot water through a strainer at a sink without an aerator. They...

View more questions Search