Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Feb 2, 2009, 03:33 PM

I didn't have my first OB visit until 11 weeks and baby was measuring right on target. I just had my second last week at 14 weeks. They said my bloodwork was fine. They didn't say anything about hcg levels. But since I've had severe nausea, I think we were all expecting them to be high.

Feb 2, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Here is the other thing... back when I thought I was pregnant... they (Planned Parenthood, not my current OB) saw a large sac measuring 5 weeks and 6 days and thought it to be a blighted ovum because no other parts were visible. 2 weeks later, I returned and they saw a small sac measuring 4 weeks. So, they just didn't worry about the previous sac that they had seen. Meanwhile, it is still visible to me in the ultrasound with the 4 week sac.

So, I finally get to the OB 7 weeks later and they focus on same developing sac with baby inside it. I told them the story and said I had the old ultrasounds, but they never looked at them. Somehow I feel that I didn't have a blighted ovum and that there are two babies in there cause I never had bleeding. So, I know I didn't miscarry that original sac.

I really think it could be two and one was just larger than the other. Where is it now on the ultrasound? Don't know. They did look around at 11 week scan pretty good (to be honest) but they looked left to right and not up and down.
    GirlWSlingshot Posts: 224, Reputation: 21

Feb 2, 2009, 03:43 PM

I had hyperemesis (uncontrollable vomiting) for the whole pregnancy and just had the one baby. So the puking might not be a sign of multiples.

Were the twins in the family fraternal or identical?

Feb 2, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlWSlingshot View Post
    I had hyperemesis (uncontrollable vomiting) for the whole pregnancy and just had the one baby. So the puking might not be a sign of multiples.

Were the twins in the family fraternal or identical?
    All faternal

Yeh, I know lots of people have hyperemesis with singletons as well. I was just adding it because it can mean a high hcg level. I'm still very sick all the time. Although I'm not having the all day feeling of it like before, I still feel yucky and will throw up randomly.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 03:53 PM

Maybe you did start with a twin... it happens sometimes, but usually it is never known. Your body would reabsorb it early on. If you continue to measure large, they will likely do another scan to double check baby's growth and would see it then if you were pregnant with twins. But again, it is rare these days it wouldn't have been picked up sooner.

Feb 2, 2009, 04:00 PM

Yeh, I guess you're right. I guess I'm going to have to accept the idea that: 1. I'm going to have to go through this again to have another baby. YIKES! HELP ME GOD! And 2. If I don't stop gaining weight, they're going to have to put me on a diet! It's like Im scared to eat because I'm not sure if I will blow up more.
    basicallyiloveu Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Feb 2, 2009, 04:35 PM

Hey. I can't really answer that one as I'm not a doctor but take another pregnancy test and if it says you are NOT pregnant then go to the doctor as you may have a urine infection!

Feb 2, 2009, 04:53 PM

Thanks basically, but I'm already pregnant- 14 weeks.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyDi View Post
    Yeh, I guess you're right. I guess I'm going to have to accept the idea that: 1. I'm going to have to go through this again to have another baby. YIKES! HELP ME GOD! and 2. If I don't stop gaining weight, they're gonna have to put me on a diet! It's like Im scared to eat because I'm not sure if I will blow up more.

Just watch what you eat and keep it as healthy as possible. You will get bigger; maybe a little bit, maybe a fair amount, but try not to worry too much about it. Think of those women who have a few babies in there. Your body was designed to do this... :)

Feb 3, 2009, 08:36 AM

My ob wasn't very nice about my weight gain. (And ignored the fact that one month I gained 9 pounds even though I couldn't keep any food down... hmm... first sign of the pre-eclampsia that was only caught a month later by my primary care physician?) But I just tried to eat healthy foods and only eat when I'm hungry. It was hard with the constant up-chucking but when I found something that stayed down, like avocados, I ate a lot of it.

Don't worry about the weight too much. Just eat healthy and sensible portions. As long as you're following that simple guideline, your body will gain whatever is necessary. And then it will come off again after you have the baby.

Feb 3, 2009, 11:29 AM

Good Point- Slingshot.

I've really been cutting back my portions and eating more frequently to regulate blood sugar and keep metabolism working. Im praying that this will keep me from gaining any more weight until the end.

Feb 3, 2009, 11:42 AM

Good idea. Eating tiny meals throughout the day will help with the nausea. I noticed that when my blood sugar dropped, my nausea got worse.

Feb 3, 2009, 09:32 PM

Yep, that's me. I also am assured that my weight gain is not due to preeclampsia because my blood pressure is always low, in fact, it was 120 over 60 or 70 when I went on Friday and that's pretty good for me because sometimes I can get down to 90 over 54 and that leads to dizziness and stuff.

May 18, 2009, 01:22 PM

Ok everyone... This might sound bad.. but I am SO OVER BEING PREGNANT! I wish I was due tomorrow! I feel fat, heavy, and ready for a change. My ankles pop when I stand too long, my symphysis is hurting more and more, I pee on myself when I sneeze or cough, my nose is huge, my neck is dark, I have skin tags everywhere and I keep scratching them off in my sleep and wake up bleeding... I don't recognize the person in the mirror and I'm just ready to see my sweet little baby and get back to my old self. Honestly... I can't see myself going through such torture again. Many say I will forget, but this is SO unforgettable. That and many people can't help snappin their cameras even though I tell them NO PICTURES! How rude! It's my image, don't I have a right over who can capture it? GEEZ!!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 01:43 PM

I was like that when I was pregnant. The baby was sitting on a nerve that made me have legs pains. It was painful. Also, I had other problems but that is all part of being pregnant.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2009, 01:39 AM

Omg!! Crissy.. I feel for you and I hope you feel better soon.. waow sometimes pregnancy can be a pain in the butt!. I guess I will be complaining also if I was feeling like this too!

Sending lots of strengh yr way!
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

May 19, 2009, 05:58 AM

Hang in there. And you will forget how crappy it is. I had a HORRIBLE pregnancy with my son, I swore I would never get pregnant again... now I am 30 weeks along with baby number two. This pregnancy has been a breeze so far... I guess I am just lucky. Hang in there.

May 27, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ang8318 View Post
    Hang in there. And you will forget how crappy it is. I had a HORRIBLE pregnancy with my son, I swore I would never get pregnant again...now I am 30 weeks along with baby number two. This pregnancy has been a breeze so far...I guess I am just lucky. Hang in there.

Yes, you are blessed. I know that the next go around has the potential to be much better. Yet it seems like such a big risk cause once I get in it, I have 9 whole months to stick it out. I am short and petitie and not one of those people who don't know they're pregnant until 4 or 5 months along. I start showing and experiencing immediately! ARGH!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I know it will be over before long. Im 31 weeks now... and on the countdown. Yeah!

Jul 3, 2009, 02:46 AM

Ok everyone... 36 weeks now. YEAH! Wish I could deliver tomorrow! Soooo ready to be done. At my last ultrasound (29 weeks), it said I was a week ahead of where they originally guestimated, but they didn't change my due date. (So maybe Im more like 37 weeks?) Im hoping I will deliver soon, not sure how much more of the heat, aches, and pains, I can take. But like I said, I keep feeling like it will be soon. Pray for me to have an easy and healthy vaginal delivery. Keep you posted!
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2009, 03:53 PM

You are almost there criss, don't worry!
    You'll make it through.. GOD BLESS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Could I still be pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the pass two month now and no luck. I normally have a 26 cycle but last month it was 31. My last period was 20 March, my period was due yesterday but no signs of it. I did an pregnancy test today and it was negative. Could I still be pregnant?

Could I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I had sexual intercourse a couple of months ago, I took the morning after pill after because I was worried that something could have slipped. I got my period shortly after I took the pill, and I have bled every month since, but it does not feel like a regular period. I know the pill is known for...

View more questions Search