Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 05:25 PM

Crissy, I don't want to throw ice water on this, but if your last period was Sept 26, it would be way too early to feel the baby move.

I'm not saying that you aren't pregnant, just to not get your hopes up. I don't want you to be disappointed if this doesn't work out.
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Nov 21, 2008, 05:36 PM

Altenweg, thanks for the reply... again. I totally understand about not getting my hopes up. At this point, I'm just believing for a solid yes or no. I've been having vaginal bleeding all along, so I'm not sure how far along I could be. My last regular period was August 26th. September and October were odd periods and thus far, I'm late for November's period... it may not even come. So, I'm just beliving that if it doesn't come, that will be my BFP. Hee Hee
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 06:23 PM

What about a blood test to see if your pregnant too?

Nov 21, 2008, 07:15 PM

I actually thought a ultrasound would be more accurate. Ooops! But now I'm just going to wait until the end of the week and see if I totally miss my period. I prayed that he would stop any vaginal bleeding as a conformation if I am pregnant, so I'm waiting until Thursday (35th day) before making any more decisions. My period should have come on the 29th or 32nd day which would have been today or Monday.
    I will keep everyone posted.

Nov 22, 2008, 08:20 PM

Today I had a lotiony, white discharge that did not have a smell. Still no period. Took a test today and it had a faint positive line... and I do mean faint. Not sure if I can depend on that or not. Has anyone else had a faint positive? Was it acutally positive or negative?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Positive is usually positive. False negatives are more common than false positives.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2008, 05:03 PM

Faint positive means positive crissdy and welcome back. What kind of pregnancy test[brand] did u use?and did u use first morning urine?the reason why am asking is because me too my last period was oct 26

Nov 23, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kpangor View Post
    faint positive means positive crissdy and welcome back. what kind of pregnancy test[brand] did u use?and did u use first morning urine?the reason why am asking is because me too my last period was oct 26
    I used a brand from the Dollar Tree called New Choice. The faint line showed as soon as I put the drops in. I tried adding some more drops a few hours later to see if it was an evaporation line or whatever and it didn't darken and neither did the control line. Does that mean it's accurate or inaccurate? I did use first morning urine... 6:30am and then added more around 9 something.

Kpag, are you Trying to conceive?

BTW: Still no period. When I do too much activity, like today I helped a friend move (I only moved a few light boxes and vacuumed. Don't worry,) I feel something flowing down there and when I look, it's more clear discharge. Over the last few days, I've been having to wear a panty liner or add some tissue down there so that I can stay dry. Does that mean anything?

Oh, and my boobs feel tight and full... not like before I start me period, different. They feel like my belly- round, full, and tight. When I touch my boobs or my stomach, my fingers bounch back, like they're full of liquid. ( Like a water balloon.)

Nov 23, 2008, 08:54 PM
    2 months of akward periods and this month, nothing but clear discharge
    I have been having pregnancy symptoms since October and my period on September 26th and October 24th were not normal... they were short and heavy and the last one ended with a brownish fluid. Even after the September period ended, the symtpoms were still there.

Now it's November and I'm still experiencing symptoms. I've taken several tests and all were negative except a faint positive a couple days ago. It was a dollar tree brand so I'm not sure if I can trust that. I had an ultrasound a week ago and it was inconclusive. They said they couldn't tell if it was an empty sac (blighted ovum) or one that is just forming. (All I could see was a grey blob.) I have no idea how far along I am even if I am pregnant. Hubby and I were not Trying to conceive, and just recently stopped using protection over this last month. (Faithfully used condoms before because I couldn't tolerate the drugs.) But now that we feel that we might already be pregnant, we stopped using protection.

I'm going to wait a few weeks before going back for another ultrasound.

My period is late... not sure if it will come or not. (Praying it won't) :D I was going to try another hpt once the 28-35day time is over and I'm sure that I've completely missed my period. (That has never happened to me before.)

Anyone have this happen to them? :confused: I'm trying to see if anyone who had a "period" while pregnant experienced a lot of clear discharge when the bleeding stopped for their next cycle time.

Any input would be great!
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 08:59 PM

This has not happened to me.

On the other hand, my pregnancy test was accurate and I purchased it from the 99 cents store.

I haven't heard a story yet when the cheap ones were not right!

Nov 23, 2008, 09:13 PM

Southern, was your positive faint or solid and how far along where you when you got a positive?
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:20 PM

My lines were so dark it looked like I used a marker!

When I went to the doctor the next day, she said that positive came up so fast, she had never seen that.

I guess my harmones were through the roof!

I was 7 days late when I took the 99 cent's store test.

I have a friend who took a few because the second line was faint. But they all had two lines.

Nov 23, 2008, 09:29 PM

Thanks Southern, very helpful. Congrats on your pregnancy. I love your profile pic.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyDi View Post
    Thanks Southern, very helpful. Congrats on your pregnancy. I love ur profile pic.

Thanks... I love it too! I downloaded it from the internet.

A few people think it is real. But I highly doubt you could get a picture like this in reality.

This is my fourth pregnancy. I have never had an inaccurate test. They were always positive... and I knew they would be.

But I hear so many stories on this site about having a negative test when they are pregnant.

All women are different. Their harmones are different.

Keep me posted!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Test results are only accurate during a certain period, usually around 10 minutes. If you wait any longer than that to read the results, you will have false positives show up.

Nov 24, 2008, 08:00 AM

Yeh, it is sooooooooo hard. I believe my hormones are strong and I predict that if I am, it would show up. But also, I can't deny what I am feeling and have been feeling in my body. I really don't know at which point I could have gotten pregnant so it's like all the symptoms just run into each other from one month to the next. So it's like, did I get pregnant this month or last month and all the symptoms before were stress and off hormones? Or was I pregnant the whole time? I will have to wait to find out all of these answers until I can get a positive result. I've talked to some women who had bleeding each month, like a period, and so they couldn't test positive, even at the doctor and so the doctor would not treat them. After months of waiting, it finally showed they were pregnant and when they measure, the woman would be like 4 or 5 months along. That is crazy! I'm not sure if that's happenng to me or not. Argh!

I'm going to test again soon and I will let everyone know the results.

Nov 24, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Test results are only accurate during a certain period of time, usually around 10 minutes. If you wait any longer than that to read the results, you will have false positives show up.
    Yeh, the faint line came up right away. I just tried adding some more later on to see if it would have an affect on the test. (My attempt to reuse the test and see if I'd get a stronger positive or if the faint line would remain. Second time, it looked darker when it was immediately wet and a min or so later it dried and looked the same. Don't know... I know you should'nt reuse them. Either time, I did not read them after 3 minutes. It was just a silly experiment. Hee Hee :p
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2008, 02:36 PM

Criss... I don want to get my hopes high girl prior to last month when it turned out I wasn't pregnant.but hmm regarding the symptoms I've been having clear discharge in my underwear too but am waiting on Monday to test.. baby dust to us!!

Nov 24, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kpangor View Post
    criss ...i don want to get my hopes high girl prior to last month when it turned out i wasnt preggers.but hmm regarding the symptoms ive been having clear discharge in my underwear too but am waiting on monday to test..baby dust to us!!!!!!!!
    Kpag, thanks for the dust! I'm so excited for you... how old is your youngest?
    I still didn't get a period today (day 32, the average day of my period every month.) I did however get some brown discharge that I noticed when I wipe. A tiny bit came out on my pantyliner. (Hope not TMI)

What do you think of that? Is it the start of my period? Normally they come with a huge gush or if they start light, they will pick up in the matter of a couple hours. I've been up since 9 something and it's almost 5 here.

Could it be from moving boxes yesterday?

Nov 24, 2008, 09:42 PM

Today is the average day my period should start. I had a little brown blood when I wiped and nothing more. Does anyone know what that could be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Could I still be pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the pass two month now and no luck. I normally have a 26 cycle but last month it was 31. My last period was 20 March, my period was due yesterday but no signs of it. I did an pregnancy test today and it was negative. Could I still be pregnant?

Could I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I had sexual intercourse a couple of months ago, I took the morning after pill after because I was worried that something could have slipped. I got my period shortly after I took the pill, and I have bled every month since, but it does not feel like a regular period. I know the pill is known for...

View more questions Search