Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colorful Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Toxicity of skin whitening products
    Hi all :-)

I've known this site through Google search tool while searching for information about toxicity of skin whitening products, which is the title of a research that I'm supposed to do for the toxicology department in my faculty ( faculty pharmacy )...

I've read about a certain product called benoquin cream ( containing monobenzone ) ,I've read its pamphlet which is published in the ( fda ) web site, and actually I've found that it's contraindicated in any case except extensive vitiligo or disseminated idiopathic vitiligo ( when 50 % af the surface area of the body is affected ), on the other hand I've read in many forums that there're some people ( normal cases ) such as africans or people with dark skin who want to lighten their complexion are using it,,

So I'm asking if anyone kindly give me any information about :

1- It's toxicity on humans.

2- Real cases that suffered from its toxicity or side effects.

3- Any other toxic product that's been reported as being toxic.

I'm sorry for any disturbance :(

And I'm really grateful for you all, with all my best wishes :-)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 05:59 PM

First I am sorry for some reason I don't believe this post, first if you do work for a research group then you will be doing tests on the products using experiements and chemical research to see what is in it, and its effects?

Other undocumented cases are hearsay and would have no research value.

With that said, sorry if I am wrong but all sorts of red flags starting waving when I read this post.

Oct 21, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    First I am sorry for some reason I don't believe this post, first if you do work for a research group then you will be doing tests on the products using experiements and chemical research to see what is in it, and its effects ??

Other undocumented cases are hearsay and would have no research value.

With that said, sorry if I am wrong but all sorts of red flags starting waving when I read this post.
    U know, I felt very happy while reading your words, cause this mad me trust you and trust this site more and more...

But the research that am supposed to do is not practical, you don't know more about the system of the academic study in my country, those who do complete researches are only the academic professors or the demonstrators, but it's my fault cause I didn't tell you that am from a developing country that has no more money to spend on the scientific researches..

So I've asked you to give me theoretical information cause I'm doing a theoretical research.. and just tell the red flag to stop wavine:p ( am kidding :) )

So am still waiting for your help, and any help from any member, and really thank you very much :)
    applebeee Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2008, 06:49 PM

I'm thinking about asking a doctor to write me out a prescription for benoquin. Can any doctor prescribe benoquin or just a dermatologist?

How likely will a doctor write me out a prescription? Also what's the strongest percentage of benoquin can you get?

ANY DOCOTORS ON THIS SITE? ANYONE KNOW OF DOCTOR THAT WILL WRITE ME OUT A PERSCRIPTION?

HELP HELP HELP...

Oct 22, 2008, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by applebeee View Post
    I'm thinking about asking a doctor to write me out a prescription for benoquin. Can any doctor prescribe benoquin or just a dermatologist?

How likely will a doctor write me out a prescription? Also what's the strongest percentage of benoquin can you get?

ANY DOCOTORS ON THIS SITE? ANYONE KNOW OF DOCTOR THAT WILL WRITE ME OUT A PERSCRIPTION??

HELP HELP HELP....
    Hi applebeee.. please please please waittttttttttttttt till I get some information about benoquin before using it, I think that there is a member here called ( gloomy ) wrote about being completely disfigured because of monobenzone, so just wait, I'm trying to get the exact information :-)

Oct 22, 2008, 02:01 AM
    Apple beeee did u get the message?

Promise to waiiiittttttt
    peaches_8702 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 02:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by colorful View Post
    u know, i felt very happy while reading ur words, cause this mad me trust you and trust this site more and more ...

but the research that am supposed to do is not practical, u don't know more about the system of the academic study in my country,, those who do complete researches are only the academic professors or the demonstrators, but it's my fault cause i didn't tell you that am from a developing country that has no more money to spend on the scientific researches ..

so i've asked you to give me theoretical information cause i'm doing a theoretical research .. and just tell the red flag to stop wavine:p ( am kidding :) )

so am still waiting for your help, and any help from any member ,, and really thank you very much :)

I have to agree. I read what you said about being from a developing country but this still seems a little "out there" to me. Sorry...

Oct 22, 2008, 03:31 AM
    Never mind all, am sorry for disturbance :-)

Going to find help in other sites.. thank you bye :-)

Oct 22, 2008, 02:25 PM
    For applebeee :::

The pamphlet of benoquin:

http://www.fda.gov/Cder/foi/label/20...noquin_lbl.pdf
    applebeee Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by colorful View Post
    for applebeee :::

the pamphlet of benoquin:

http://www.fda.gov/Cder/foi/label/20...noquin_lbl.pdf
    I just read all of your messages. I'll read the link you attatched.

Thanks
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 10:49 AM

Not sure about toxiticy, most people on this site that use mono are not into such research they just want to use the product and whitten their skin, if you ask about side affects of using mono you may get a better response

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Make your own skin whitening products [ 20 Answers ]

As most of you know (those who have read my previous skin whitening questions) I am desperately trying to completely depig. I've spent several tiresome weeks studying and researching skin whitening. At first my research showed that the only way to completely depig is to use monobenzone. I've also...

Skin products whitening [ 2 Answers ]

Hi what product of lotion I used for whitening cause I have a lot of scars... how do ill remove and its not expensive... give me tip

Mixing skin whitening products [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought the godiva skin care product but was wondering what would happen if I was using that the whiteskin and makari products all at the same time? Does anyone know or would it just increase my chances of achieving an even skin tone? And I was wondering what makari products should I use to...

Whitening products and skin type? [ 13 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, Any one tried Diana Stalder whitening products share your experience thanks. Is it OK for dry skin? Any other recommendations for dry skin? Thanks in advance:)

View more questions Search