Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roappoive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 21, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Any Marines?
    I'm looking for anyone who has the experience of being a Marine to offer me friendly advice. I'm thinking about becoming a Marine, but I have a few simple questions. Does stealing happen often on bases, should I keep my good clothing at home? What's a typical day look like once you get stationed somewhere, the recruiter didn't bother to go in depth all I was told is that it starts at 7:30 and ends at 4:30? How good are the combat sports, or just recreational activities on bases? Do people usually end up with the top picks of the jobs they want? Thank you.

>Moved from Forum Testing<
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 04:25 PM

Well the recruiter will give you the list of the very very few items you need to bring with you. Well depends on your job, bases are 24 hour a day places, so your job may be midnights or it may be evenings, in combat it may be 24 hours a day for several days with little breaks.
    lovnmydevildog Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2008, 07:31 PM

Yes stuff gets stolen all the time a joke Marines say is "theres 1 thief on base & everyone else is just trying to get there back" but you can always lock stuff in your locker... as far as a typical day that will vary depending on your job and where you are stationed... as far as getting the job you want that depends reservist get like 3 job choices so if you arnt going to be full time you probably won't get what you want if you are wanting to go full time you will be more likely by far to get what you want but depending on the job you will have to score high on some tests... my Fiancée used to build jet engines and is now a jet engine test cell operator(stationed at MCAS New River) so he had to test very high, go to school for it, and has a longer contract
    lovnmydevildog Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2008, 07:32 PM
    "theres 1 thief on base & everyone else is just trying to get there sh** back" it took out the cursing
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Nov 8, 2008, 05:32 PM

I am a female former Marine, my husband was in got out and re-joined. It is the best experience in the world as far as I'm concerned. Life as a Marine, where do I start... Yes the brotherhood is amazing, most of our fellow marines will do anything for you, male or female. Like the others said, yes stuff can get stolen, but I didn't have stuff taken from me. Not all mos' are 24 h/d, there are plenty of jobs that are 7:00- 4:30 w/ 2hr lunch break. I was an MP, so I didn't have that luxury. Like I said Awesome experience! It's a tough world but as a Marine, you adapt and overcome. Other branches are OK, but if you want to be proud...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College or Marines [ 38 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance. For the longest time I've wanted to serve my country, after September 11th my will became greater. I am a senior in high school and for the better half of the year I had been fixed on enlisting into the Marines right after I...

Am I too old for the Marines? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone: I always wanted to join the Marines. At 18 I wanted to enlist but I broke my leg and that was it. I am 25 now. Since that time most of my family wanted me to stay out of the military and I did. I had many jobs but I did't like any of them I always wanted something interesting and...

Army or marines? [ 19 Answers ]

I have a question. I'm interested in oining the military, I've talked to recruiters, read about the different branches. But what I didn't find out was if the army gives you morepaid leave then the marines do..

Scared About Marines [ 10 Answers ]

OK. I need some real good advice. Honestly my recruiter I think gives me bull and I've been trying to search someone who has any help for months. Now I'm honestly tired of trying to give people my life story but in a nut shell I was big fat and no muscle over a year ago and through high school...

Would I be able to handle the marines [ 5 Answers ]

I am a small lady I am not sure that my body would be able to take the beating. I would like to go in to the marines after high school. How much of my college fund will they pay? After that I would like to start a career in underwater welding but that is another topic.

View more questions Search