Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JDU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Helping my wife from a former abusive spouse
    My wife and I are newlyweds. We are both previously married. I have my own issues dealing with my former spouse, which I am taking care of them. Her former spouse was abusive both physically and mentally. I have been there for her dealing with this with her for the last 3 years, however major depression has set in. I am always ensuring to her that I am here for her and that I am not going anywhere, trying to think positively about everything. After her being divorced for more about 2 years, he still continues to be in her life. He call non-stop and harasses her on a regular basis. She recently went over the edge and vandalized his car, which made her feel better at the time but now she has to face the consequences of her actions. This is all coming between us and no matter how much I try to support her, it seems like it is not enough. It sometimes feel like I am walking on eggshells. All of this is coming between us. I am trying for us to move on with our lives but once things are going good, something else brings her down. One day she wants her space the next she thinks I am avoiding her, I am not sure what to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 10:47 AM

Counseling could help you both, and I strongly suggest it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Helping spouse with pain in her past [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to start by thanking those of you who have answered my questions in the past as they have been very helpful. I have posted here a few other times and have found this board to be a very good sounding board for issues that have come up. First, a little background on my current...

Non resident spouse - Can I claim spouse exemption (1040 6b) [ 8 Answers ]

I am a resident alien with a non resident alien spouse who: (a) Moved to the US in August 2007 on H4, but left shortly afterwards to close ties in the foreign country (in preparation of permanent move in 2008) (b) Does not meet the substantial presence test in 2007 (c) has no US income during...

Submitting spouse W7, should spouse SSN in 1040 left blank? [ 2 Answers ]

I am submitting W7 form for my wife with my 1040 and 1040 Schedule A (itemized deductions) forms. What should I put for spouse SSN in 1040 form? Should I just write "ITIN TO BE REQUESTED" for spouse SSN? Also, on second page of 1040 I see I have my SSN on top right corner of the page, but...

Work or Spouse Visa.future Military spouse. [ 1 Answers ]

I really have no idea where to start... I am engaged and currently visiting my fiancé (a Marine) in Okinawa, Japan. . He is stationed in Japan for the next 9 months. I was considering moving to Japan to be with him during this tour. I do not have a job in the US, I will more than likely find...

View more questions Search