Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    opieb123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 07:26 AM
    I have been declared disabled and can no longer teach, what do I do?
    I am a teacher, I have been teaching in Florida for 25 years. Due to a degenerative spine disorder, I have been told by my doctor that I can no longer work. (I have been working in severe pain for the last 3 years, but it has become unbearable). I have applied for short and long term disability through my insurance, but I can't get anyone from the school system to give me an answer of what else I should do. I have been home for 3 weeks. I am sure there are steps I need to be taking, but I have left phone messages, numerous emails, to insurance, HR, legal,. no one has even acknowledged that I have sent them. What am I supposed to do!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 21, 2008, 07:45 AM

Other than following up with all parties to get the status, I'm not sure what else you can do.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 02:40 PM

If you are permently disabled you can apply for social security disability through the government. Takes some time though. In the meantime if you have short term disability or long term disability benefits from private insurance, keep after the people who are in charge of dispensing this. Go sit in their office if necessary to get an answer. Phone calls, emails can be ignored, but a person sitting in a chair across from them cannot be ignored.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Declared Dividends [ 1 Answers ]

Should declared dividends show on the Retained Earning statement

Box on incline. If you push it up, will it take longer to go up or longer down [ 5 Answers ]

If a box is given a shove so it slides up an incline then slides back down to its starting point, will it take longer on the way up or on the way down? I think it's down.

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

Dividends declared [ 0 Answers ]

If a company lists a debit to dividends declared on their trial balance as an expense , how would this effect stockholders equity at period end? I do not think it would not be an adjusting entry to remove from expenses, but a reclassification entry but I am unsure of what entry to make:confused:

View more questions Search