Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohof50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Water boiling
    When a water system becomes contaminated with microbes, people are urged to boil their water before drinking it. Describe for me the effect that heating the water has on the proteins of the microbes and explain how this will make the water safe?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:42 AM

All the info you need is here: Denaturation (biochemistry) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home canning (boiling water method) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bumper crop of strawberries this year and would like to know the best way (if there is a way) to home can them whole. I am familiar with other fruits and the methods for canning them in a syrup, but I am not sure how to go about it for strawberries. Can I use the same syrup method with...

Maximum water temperature vs boiling speed [ 6 Answers ]

Maybe this belongs under Chemistry, but if water cannot get hotter than 212 degrees at sea level before boiling, why do some recipes call for faster (rolling?) boils rather than a simmering boil? Sometimes things other than water are heated/boiled, but I believe the same underlying principle...

What is hotter, the boiling water or the steam? [ 7 Answers ]

What is hotter, the boiling water or the steam?

Boiling salt in water [ 2 Answers ]

When you added NaCl in water , you notice that when the water boils over,it causes the flame of the gas burner to turn bright orange. My question is, how would you explaine the appearance of the color in the flame ?

Smelly sink-dont use boiling water!Bad advice [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I just tried a method of getting rid of a smelly bathroom sink by adding 1/2 gal of bleach, letting it sit overnite, and then flushing it with boiling water. To my surprise and total dissapointment, my $500 pedestal sink cracked in half due to the hot water! No one ever mentioned anything about...

View more questions Search