Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BCFC Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Girls Feelings
    Hi,

I have known this girl for about 2 months. 1st of all we were quite distant - talking once or teice a week etc, never texting, I didn't really like her and she didn't like me either that much I don't think. Anyway recently I *THINK* she split up with her boyfriend but I'm not sure, based on what I'm going to say below I think she has.

Recently we seem to be getting really close and I said something about getting a new phone and she said oh I've got to give her my number, so when phone came throw I gave her my number and now we seem to be texting a lot - 30+ a day - emailing, MSN etc. I have been busy the last few days and I couldn't find my phone so I didn't reply. Today I replied and she wrote on msn:

"phew, at least you back, im happy now - thought you were ignoring me!"

I put "dont worry love, i would never ignore you, i was just unable to be online"

Love in the sense of good mate - we both been saying it a lot recently

She replied "aww thats nice, thanks a lot, i thought you wouldnt just you been quiet recently"

From there I then tried to find out more but I had to go and it was halted at that point.

I just don't know what to say tomorrow. I don't want to give negative signals through text or anything but I don't want to focus on using "love" so much as I don't want to give a false impression or anthing I just want to be like good friends

I don't know what to do:confused: :confused: - please help!

Thanks
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 3, 2006, 06:52 PM
    Tell her exactly what you told us. That you just met, and that you use the phrase "love" in a friendly kind of way. If you are from the UK or thereabout, then you use that phrase like many,many other like you. But if it bother you, and you don't want anyone to get the wrong impression in the future, try using the phrase 'dear' now and in the future - just to alleviate any further mistakes.

Be respectful and honest about your intentions and you should have no problem.

Good luck, love, and keep us posted.

Jun 4, 2006, 12:04 AM
    Yea thanks but she knows how I use love because she said it to me like a few days after we met and I knew like what context she meant it in so didn't care or anything but she goes "don't worry its in a friendly way lol".

Its just the texts she's been sending since she's had my number its been about 20-30 a day and I know she doesn't text her other friends like this just by what she says on msn I can tell its mostly me she texts.

I did think about telling her what I thought about the texts but if I do it will seriously damage our friendship so I don't know what to do like maybe not reply to her texts for 10 minutes but I thought of that before and it seemed cruel so I just had to send it straight back.

Thanks for your help
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2006, 05:06 AM
    HI,
    Some use the word "love", and only mean what you said.
    There is nothing wrong in saying "I like you"... leave the word love out of it.
    There is also nothing wrong in telling her that it's much, much too soon for the use of "love".
    If you have very many concerns about your relationship with her, then maybe look for some new friends. Best of luck.

Jun 4, 2006, 05:52 AM
    Thanks I want to tell her that I like her as a good friend but I'm not going to go out with her or anything, which I think she knows, I just don't want to upset her by telling her so should I just leave it?

I've personally got nothing wrong with it I just don't want her to think I was giving her that impression or anything

:confused:
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 7, 2006, 01:16 PM
    If she continues to mail you so much, be careful, it might be an obsession with her.

You could ask her for advice on what to tell a 'mate' of yours who constantly mails too much and you want to 'break him' of this habit - ask her advice on what you should tell him. This might give her something to 'think' about and she just might stop mailing you more than once a day.

Again, good luck.

Jun 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
    OK thanks. She's fine now though, think if she did break up with her b/f which I tihnk she did, she just wanted to know she was liked or something? Still I sending a lot back:D she probably thinking same thing about me!

Thanks for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have feelings for my friend! [ 4 Answers ]

I have talked to this girl named Haylei since school started. We talked but I never seen us more than that, until recently. I had a girlfriend named Lisa Marie. We were dating when I started gaining feelings for Haylei. The feelings have become so strong that I couldn't take the guilt and...

Feelings from the past [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. I was starting in a relationship with someone. I was giving the situation 100% all along, and I honestly, even to this day feel she was doing the same. But obviously things have changed. Apparently about three weeks back, she gets a email from a old friend. Her former soul...

Feelings of indifference [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since I was 13 I have been depressed. But it seems that lately (at least for the past 5 years) I have been falling into a time of indifference annually. I have had all kinds of bad luck since I was 9 but I tried to deal with it on my own and thought I had done a fairly decent job until now. I...

View more questions Search