Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davecpu19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Limited or No Connectivity
    I keep getting a message saying that I have "Limited or No Connectivity. It works at my friends house, and even on my Xbox 360. It's not the connection I believe could it be possible there is something wrong with the cablewire itself? This Laptop is farely old but not that old. It's a Sony Vaio K series. PLEASE HELP!
    rooeus Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 12:03 AM

Try to diagnose it:

What type of IP configuration do you have: DHCP or static IP/MASK ?
    Open command prompt and type "ipconfig" and see if is there IP address of your connection ?

Rooeus
    hitesh1986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 02:42 AM
    Please check DHCP connection and check also Poll this poll provide on router full
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Oct 28, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by davecpu19 View Post
    I keep getting a message saying that i have "Limited or No Connectivity. It works at my friends house, and even on my Xbox 360. It's not the connection i believe could it be possible there is something wrong with the cablewire itself? This Laptop is farely old but not that old. It's a Sony Vaio K series. PLEASE HELP!
    This message usually means that your computer knows that there is a network connection but that it can not get a network address from your DHCP server. This can be caused by a software based firewall running on your computer. If you have one enabled such as the Windows Firewall, disable it so that it will not block the network that it may see as harmful.

Once a connection is established, then enable your firewall again so that you are given the choice of declaring this a safe network to connect to.

If you do not have a firewall enabled, swap out your network cable with one from another machine that you know is working.
    dnandoo Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2008, 08:00 AM
    You may want to even try power cycling the router or modem, I know sometimes with my laptop the modem holds the IP address after I disconnect.

Also you may want to check that your NIC card is set to Auto for Speed & Duplex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limited or No Connectivity [ 5 Answers ]

Running Window XP. Why is it that my wifi router's (Apple AirPort) signal, when viewing available wifi networks, appears to be very strong but my computer cannot connect to it but get a message of 'limited or no connectivity'? Same is true when I try to connect to the same router with a Netgear...

Limited connectivity [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a dell inspiron 1521 with vista and I can not connect to the internet ,anybody has an idea ,thanks

Limited or no connectivity [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All I have a desk top computer and a wireless laptop. I have set up the router which is all set up fine, desktop working fine but now wireless is saying limited or no connectivity. I have taken off firewall and tried repair which now says problem renewing your ip address. I have also set laptop...

Limited or no connectivity [ 1 Answers ]

One day internet (cable modem) works fine, next get this message in tray. Have two computers with router, other computer internet OK, changed ports as well as connecting directly to modem, still nothing. Renew IP does not work with similar reason. Please what next?

Limited or no connectivity [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I'm in dire need of help! Just yesterday I was on the internet on my laptop when all of a sudden I a message appeared saying I had limited or no connectivity although I was still had full excellent signal. The problem is not with my router or service provider as my flatmates are still able to...

View more questions Search