Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NubeBathReno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Replacing cracked Terrazzo bathroom floor
    The floor in my bathroom is forty year old Terrazzo and it has cracked in the Shower cubicle and leaking into the sub-floor. I'd like to replace the entire floor with concrete and ceramic tile and basically renovate the entire bathroom.
    How thick is Terrazzo typically and is it laid over concrete already or what? I want to know how big a job replacing the whole floor will be.
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Well this is interesting, I have not seen terrazzo floors and shower pans too, in residential settings, but I am in the west, this must be something in the east?

Where ever it is , you will have to tear out the whole thing, back to bare wood, which is quite a job and start from scratch.

If you are not a handyman, I would not try it, if you are, it could be an enjoyable project, and you can save a lot.

You can find clips on you tube on how to build a new shower.

Good luck Roger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cracked Bathroom Mirror [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large bathroom mirror----6 foot long and 3 ft 2 inch high. There are four screws in each corner to help hold the mirror. Each screw is surrounded with by a small scalloped circle. The previous tenants evidently screwed the lower left screw to tightly and there is a crack 21 inches long...

Replace cracked floor tiles or ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a dilemma, I have a few cracked floor tiles in various locations (about 4) some are hairline cracks, other are more pronounced (see pics). Problem is I have no spares or am not able to locate any (tried several sources). My question is, is there anyway to reiar these cracks ? ...

Replacing/reparing a cracked toilet flange [ 1 Answers ]

While setting in a new toilet the old toilet flange cracked creating a problem with securing the new toilet bolts. How do I remedy this problem? How do I repair the old flange or replace the cracked flange with a new one?

Replacing a cracked plastic shower pan [ 1 Answers ]

Should have known there was more to it :confused: I'm trying to replace a plastic shower pan I believe was placed/inserted over tile from the pervious homeowner (Not sure) I have removed the shower door and removed the caulk surrounding the pan, I have also removed the drain cap but not the...

Cracked concrete garage floor leaking [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to repair a cracked concrete garage floor that keeps leaking? We have already tried caulking it and it has still leaked. What is the best product? Epoxy or some other and should we make the crack bigger before we caulk. Help!!

View more questions Search