Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crysco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Computer Connecting
    How do you connect a laptop and a PC together?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 08:59 PM

One way is "adhoc".
    If you have High speed internet, then maybe use a router, maybe wireless. If you get a Wireless router, disable wireless when not using. You could access the Internet with both Computers at the same time.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 09:04 PM

More info

What operating systems on each?

Do you have a switch or router or would you want a direct cable to connect to each or wireless

Do each have an ethernet card

Are they next to each other or separate rooms

The more info provided would help to help out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting 2nd computer to internet [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a second computer and I don't know how to connect to the internet. My lap top has DSL. What do I do?

One computer connecting to two networks [ 5 Answers ]

Hi well this is my dilemma I currently have two wired networks in my apartment. Network “A” has two computers both with static IP addresses witch connect to the internet via a cable modem and we simply use for surfing and the norm. Network “B” has our media center that we use for watching TV/movies...

Connecting a computer to a TV [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way I can put images from my computer to a TV screen in another room. Thanks for your time

Connecting New Fax/Phone to computer [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a fax/phone/printer/scanner and it said to hook it up to my router, which I did, and now it's telling me I have to configure by pulling up the web page by IP address or Host name. I tried this also and it goes to Google. It told me to put the address in my web browser, which I did,...

Connecting a GPS to Desktop Computer [ 1 Answers ]

How can I have my desktop computer communicate with my GPS? My computer is a Dell Dimension 8200 running windows XP version 5.1 with SP 1. My GPS is a Garmin eTrex Vista that needs to connect to the desktop to upload & download information from MapSource (v 4.07) software via a serial cable. ...

View more questions Search