Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    34justin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Hampton Bay ceiling fan part
    When cleaning the globes for our Hampton Bay ceiling fan I broke the plastic ring that holds the globe in place. I have checked at hardware stores, Lowe's, & Home Depot. Where can I get a replacement ring?
    evolkmar Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2008, 06:30 PM

Buy a new fan, put the old in the new box and return to home depot. They will get the credit from Hampton bay.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 10:47 PM

You may have to contact Hampton Bay directly for the replacement part, their number is in our sticky.

However, is there any other way to hold the glass without the ring?
    34justin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 03:37 PM

For this type the ring is the only thing holding the globe. You put the globe on then the plastic ring and screw it into place. I have three like this. The other two have the screws on the outside of the globe.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 05:31 PM

I hate to admit this but I have done what evoldmar suggests. Not when I broke a part but when I found a part missing or damaged and I was half way through an install. It was just quicker and Home Depot still had one bad unit either way.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2008, 05:36 PM

I don't know where you live but Menards has those parts in their lamp repair section. I don't know if they have the exact one that you need but they do carry a couple different sizes
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 05:42 PM

Sorry but Menards doesn't have this particular part. It is propritory to Hampton and Home Depot.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2008, 05:43 PM

I wasn't sure but they do have the rings that thread onto the sockets to hold the glass in place. It fits a lot of different types of fans so I wasn't sure
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2008, 09:45 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Menards has something that would work, Menards is great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan - part 705 RME-02 [ 5 Answers ]

I have a issue with the wiring in my ceiling fan and Home Depot told me to order Hampton Bay Ceiling fan - part 705 RME-02 from Hampton Bay. I can not find this part online.

Hampton Bay 52" Ceiling Fan / I need a part [ 2 Answers ]

I thought I had logged into the Hampton Bay ceiling fan site and this was the only way I could get help. I'll go ahead with my question which is - How can I order from the company the 12" extension that belongs with the "Designer Edition" ceiling fan called "Easy Street", Model 134674? Can...

Hampton Bay model # 363233 ceiling light part [ 1 Answers ]

I need a part for fluorescent light

Lost a part for my hampton bay ceiling fan. [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking on how to get ahold of somebody to order a replacement part for my ceiling fan. I am looking for rubber pads that fit between the bracket and the motor.

View more questions Search