Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 02:00 PM
    God bless Joe Biden
    You got to love the guy for speaking his mind...

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee said at a Seattle fundraiser Sunday, "it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said, including the Middle East and Russia as possibilities, "and he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

Biden also mentioned the current economic crisis. "Gird your loins," Biden told the crowd. "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than – think about it, literally, think about it – this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy."

The garrulous Biden said that he's "forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it. This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."
    If he's so brilliant and so prepared, why is Biden already begging for help? Why is he already predicting low poll numbers? This is the guy that "has it" and this is his running mate?

Reportedly Biden added, “I probably shouldn’t have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here.”
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 05:37 PM

Has he signed up for his much needed lobotomy yet?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 08:20 PM

Lobotomy? No. He's just bubbling over with excitement at the change that is really coming. He wants us to stand by as Obama and the Rockerfellers completely change the face of America. He wants us to have faith that Obama can pull it off.
    Well, consider it done.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 02:17 AM
    Sifting through his b.s. is like cleaning the Augean stables.

Yeah ;just like Jack Kennedy who went to a summit with Khrushev in June 1961 with no preconditions ;for an informal exchange of views .

By Kennedy's own account, the meetings were a disaster. Khrushchev berated, belittled, and bullied Kennedy on subjects ranging from Communist ideology to the balance of power between the Soviet and Western blocs, to Laos, to "wars of national liberation," to nuclear testing. He threw down the gauntlet on Berlin in particular, all but threatening war. Kennedy called the meeting the "roughest thing in my life."

Khrushchev had studied the events of the Bay of Pigs and "decided that he was dealing with an inexperienced young leader who could be intimidated and blackmailed."

To his credit Kennedy was a quick study .After the meeting he went before Congress and asked for massive increases in defense spending ; a tripling of draft calls, and calling up reserves and a civil defense program to minimize the number of Americans that would be killed in a nuclear attack.

Khrushev responded in August by erecting the Berlin Wall and beginning the process to nuclear arm Cuba.

Is that the type of crisis Joe Biden expects the young inexperienced Obama to face ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 04:21 AM
    Hello tom:

Well the white guy, whathisname, JFK did it. Why can't the black guy?

So, YOU'RE worried, huh?? Well, I got to tell you, I'm a feared to have Sarah Palin dealing the Moctoder and the Iranian dude, too. Actually, I'm more a feared than you, and with GOOD reason.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 04:32 AM
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 04:36 AM

Stop inferring race into my calculations . It doesn't work.

Which inexperienced candidate is at the top of the ticket ? Is Joe Biden proposing that if there is some big international crisis that ole split Iraq into Kurdish ;AQ terrorist ,and Shia Iran dominated nations Joe Biden is going to give the inexperienced President sound advice in a crisis ?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 05:07 AM

Here's his stand on how he truly feels about America. He could care less...
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 05:17 AM
    Twinkie,
    Try to keep up, they tried that over a year ago.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Which inexperienced candidate is at the top of the ticket ?
    Hello again, tom:

I don't know. You have YOUR view of what "inexperienced" means, and I have mine. They're not the same. They're not even close. We might as well not even be speaking the same language, and we're probably not.

It's a shame really. I wonder if that's going to get fixed. Proly not.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Really ex, I understand the race factor is again the latest rage - after all Murtha just called his constituents racists (though he now concedes they’re just rednecks), but I’d rather stick to Obama’s qualifications, character, judgment and platform. I find it curious that the left is who that keeps bringing up race instead of letting their candidate run on his merits.

I think Biden was again saying what he really thinks and reinforcing his previous opinion, confirmed again when asked about in a debate, that Obama is not qualified to be president and that it’s no place for on the job training. In this case I’d say he’s right.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Wow, she did that in March 2007. I wonder what cartoon she made for Palin?
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:14 AM
    This is the only one. The rest are all caricatures of Democrats. That's not a "presidential watch" it's a Republican website - what a misnomer!

Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    This is the only one. The rest are all caricatures of Democrats. That's not a "presidential watch" it's a Republican website - what a misnomer!
    Gee, you're really sharp, NK, you've recognized the obvious.

About our PAC...

In the beginning...

In 2003, a handful of concerned Iowans formed the Iowa Presidential Watch PAC (IPW-PAC). The mission: To hold accountable the Democrat presidential candidates bombarding the state of Iowa with their comments and allegations, and to make citizens aware of false statements or claims by the Democrat candidates. A website was created – iowapresidentialwatch.com -- to report, defend and set the record straight.
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Why don't think call it IowaRepublicans.com? Why the misrepresentation?
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Why don't think call it IowaRepublicans.com? Why the misrepresentation?
    Why is it misrepresentation when it's perfectly obvious, they admit their political slant, and they are after all, watching the presidential election? YOu can't get much more open than admitting their mission is "To hold accountable the Democrat presidential candidates." You make an issue out of everything... and why are you changing the subject?
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    " You make an issue out of everything...
    Oh the hypocrisy...

Ask Me Help Desk - Search Results

You seem to find issue with a lot of things yourself. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 10:04 AM

YouTube - Albright Agrees with Biden: Terrorists Will Test Obama
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Oh the hypocrisy .....

You seem to find issue with a lot of things yourself. :)
    LOL, I can do that, too. So why are you changing the subject I asked?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama vs. Biden [ 3 Answers ]

You've had your chuckles over Palin, this is the alternative... LvZpp9QJRME

Obama picks Biden [ 18 Answers ]

Joe Biden thinks Obama is a "mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" .Obama is rewarding this devotion by picking Biden as his VEEP . It's official ;the text message has been received. A stuffed shirt and an empty suit... perfect together! ...

God Bless My Computer [ 5 Answers ]

Bless My Computer Blessings on this fine machine, May its data all be clean. Let the files stay where they're put, Away from disk drives keep all soot. From its screen shall come no whines, Let in no spikes on power lines. As oaks were sacred to the Druids, ...

Figure out the name to this song! God bless! :) [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me figure out the name of this song!! i love it sooo much and i would really appreicate it if anyone can help! its a guy singing and it at the beginning it says "we should wear jerseys, because we mamke a good team" then somthin like "even tho it yours would look better on you." or...

EMERGENCY LEGAL ISSUE/bless to find this condo [ 1 Answers ]

I live in fl. And lease is not up. I have come across a lovely condo that is affordable and owners are trying to sell ASAP! I have not given a 60 days notice because this was very unexpected. Please, if someone can tell me if there is a clause in the fl. Law books that can help me with this...

View more questions Search