Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ness Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2006, 02:41 AM
    Coincidence.. or?
    I was chatting to a lady whose son goes to kindy with my boy.
    1. Her son was born in February - so was mine.
    2. He is having difficulty with his speech, so is mine.
    3. She had PND/psychosis - so did I.
    4. She has a girl and a boy, so do I.
    5. My sister died suddenly aged 17 from leukemia. Her brother died suddenly same age, from cancer.
    6. I argued with my sister the night she died. Her sister (same name as my sister that died) argued with her brother the night he died
    7. My sister in law was pregnant same time as me - we both had daughters, one week apart... her sister in law was pregnant same time as her, they both had sons, two weeks apart
    8. Her partners name is Alex... my husbands brother was killed when little - his name Alec

Ok - are these just coincidences..? When I sit down with them all in front of me it seems unbelieveable. Any thoughts?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 3, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Its seems that some are amazing coincedences or even evidence of a larger connection, doesn't it? I notice though that some of your examples are not so close of a match. Might there be a chance that, once you saw what was happening, you stretched them a little to fit? Not exactly a scientific approach but fun nonetheless!

And while not being exact, it certainly speaks nicely to the connectedness we all have to each other too. I have long held the belief that I have far far more in common with every person on earth than I do differences, and all while still maintaining my own special uniqueness and yours and yours and yours too - go figure that? LOL

Thanks for posting.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 10:43 AM
    Yeah it's weird when you meet someone who seems to share a lot of similar experiences to yours... I don't know what it's about really, but the word I like to use for it is "synchronicity". Do you like this woman? Maybe because you have so much in common, you are going to be great friends, almost like platonic soulmates. I have some weird similarities like that with my best friend, and also with my husband. For example, with my husband:

1. He is studying to be a neuro-psychiatrist, and that is the profession of my adopted father
    2. I was raised in foster care, and his parents were foster parents who took in lots of foster children
    3. He has the same birthday as my biological mother
    4. Our families (on his father's side and my mother's side) originate from the same province in Romania, and lived a few miles from each other, yet never met, and here we meet up in Canada!

Etc, etc...

Sometimes I think we were meant to meet, and other times I think we were just extremely attracted to each other because of the similarities. In either event, it's really cool and you should treasure the opportunity to develop a friendship with someone who you share so much in common with. It doesn't happen often, in my experience at least.
    Homecoming Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Jun 3, 2006, 08:52 PM
    I often feel I have an opinion on almost everything, but this time I'm speechless... he he... what are the chances of that hmmmm
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2006, 02:07 AM
    There is a very good reason that all of you met up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coincidence - or Karma? [ 6 Answers ]

Quickie: My sister-in-law died mysteriously at the home of her ex-husband in Texas in 2001. Her ex-husband died mysteriously in the same home in 2004. There were several things reported to us by a friend of our former in-law that make us feel that Luanne may have taken revenge for her death...

Strange coincidence? [ 18 Answers ]

Okay, I'm not sure if this is supernatural or not, but... it certainly is a strange coincidence, and I'm interested to hear what people on this board think. At the cemetery near my home, there is a double grave of 2 baby sisters. The first sister died on August 10, 1910, at the age of 2 years....

View more questions Search