Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loring Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Wrongly Convicted
    Hello,

Just over 10 years ago, I was wrongly arrested and charged with assaulting an undercover police officer. Basically, it was a case of mistaken identity and I feared for my life - when they tackled me, I was hysterical and tried to push the person off me. They had nothing to charge me with before I tried to push him, in doing so, I was charged with simple assault and battery, misdemeanor class 1 in the state of Virginia. The officer was not injured, I served no jail time, plead no contest and paid a fine.

Now, ten years later, I'm looking to get this item expunged from my record. Other than the occasional speeding ticket, I have nothing else in my background. How do I go about starting the expungement process?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Hello Loring:

You hire an attorney. You do that because you probably have only one shot at this and you want the best shot you can get... Plus, at the hearing, you're going to have a prosecutor on the other side of the table telling the judge that you should have been sentenced to prison and should STILL be there. So, you're going to want a guy in your corner telling he judge that you are, in fact, a wonderful person.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongly accused of crime while on the job [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Allegations have been made against me which are completely false. I was accused of stealing narcotic medication while employed as a home health aide from a client. There is no proof to this. Because I stand by my innocence I have chosen to fight this. The prehearing was last week. I...

Good guy treated wrongly [ 1 Answers ]

I am writing to see if anyone can help me to find out if I have any legal rights?I have been employed at my job since Jan, 2006 I have been a good employee always at work and do what I am yold with no complaints even when I worked 10 hours with only a 30 minute lunch break.I got sick with chrones...

Wrongly accused. [ 3 Answers ]

In school I found a container and I didn't know what it was... then my deans called me down and asked to search me and said the container had cannibis in it and now I'm getting a ticket. I didn't even know what it was. They said it had residue in it. How can I get out of it? Reply asap Thanks

User a/c administrative a/c deleted wrongly [ 1 Answers ]

Sir I have Microsoft xp programme.I have deleted administrative a/c from my computer and now only guest a/c is working.. what should I do to re-admit administrative a/c without formating ?

Kid wrongly accuses teacher [ 5 Answers ]

Hello... my husband has been teaching at a school for 6 months. (he has been a teacher for 20 years at other schools)... He did not like the school he was teaching at for 6 months, so he gave notice in May that he is quitting on June 30th, when the semester ends... On June 1, when all the kids...

View more questions Search