Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Oct 20, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Installing msDOS game on XP
    I am trying to install an old DOS game called SimAnt which I got from Download SimAnt game - Abandonware Online

When I run the installer which works in an old DOS format I am asked to specify a few things such as the directory etc... then it says it will withdraw all the missing info for the installation from the folder A (floppy).. so I made a copy of the files I got from the site on a floppy but it didn't work.. . Any ideas on how to install this game? I checked the help section on the site but they don't mention anything similar. So I thought I would check here first.
    Thanks

I also installed DOSBOX so I can run the game in it (that would be the next question lol)

Check out some similar questions!

How to edit msdos.sys [ 2 Answers ]

I am using windows xp professional. I open msdos.sys with notepad but it is empty. What is the problem? I want to change some settings in that file. Please tell me how to view the contents of msdos.sys. Remember I am using windows xp professional.

Help needed installing game [ 1 Answers ]

First I am totally new to games. I just bought H/L 2 episode one. I installed the game ( I thougtht) but it was a steam icon. After wandering what the heck was happening, I figured to connect to the internet, and then clicked the steam icon. This started a long process of downloading files...

Msdos boot partition? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I try to clean install windows 95 on my computer but it says you don't have a msdos boot partition , how to make a boot partition on the hard drive, I format my hard drive and make new partition with fdisk before installation but it didn't help me out.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.