Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlyjefferis Posts: 95, Reputation: 4

Oct 20, 2008, 06:24 AM
    14 weeks pregnant and still being sick! Is it normal?
    I'm 14 weeks pregnant and haven't had the best pregnancy so far, I can only seem toholddown certain foods and drinks and have a constant sick feeling for most of the day! Is this normal?I'm just a little worrid

Thank you

X
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 20, 2008, 06:25 AM

From talking to friends and family, early pregnancy is bad at times with being sick and such. J_9 knows about pregnancy more-so then I, talk to her. :) Hope things improve!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 08:37 AM

Unfortunately for some women it can be very normal. Unless you were unable to keep anything down, it is more of an annoyance than a concern. Odds are you will start to notice a change in the next couple of weeks (hopefully!).

Some women will have no morning sickness at all, some only in the first trimester, some will have it return later in pregnancy, and some most of the way through. Just varies from person to person.

A few things to try: ginger, extra vitamin B6, motion sickness bands, crackers or toast before you get out of bed, accupuncture, having a little something in your stomach throughout the day, getting some fresh air.

Oct 21, 2008, 03:35 AM
    Thank you, it really getting me down I want to really enjoy pregnancy but everyday is different at the moment!
    sasha_1 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Oct 21, 2008, 10:22 AM

You are not alone. I am 18 weeks and going through the same. I also posted a question similar to yours yesterday.

I hope it subsdes so we can enjoy pregnancy.
    amberandfrank Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2008, 09:39 AM

I was sick all the way up until my third trimester. I was put on medication to keep the food down. If you are having a really hard time keeping your food down ask your ob about taking a medication for nausea. Because your baby needs those nutrients
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 22, 2008, 09:14 PM

I was sick throughout my 2nd tri- and right at the beginning of the 3rd. If your doctor sees you are losing weight then he will most likely give you something to keep your food down. The only thing I could ever keep down were Cheez-its and Cherios

Oct 24, 2008, 03:30 AM

Thank you all so much for your advice I feel better knowing I'm not alone! I will have to see my doc as can't keepmuch down
    missteetee Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2008, 10:01 PM

I was sick up into my second trimester, I could not keep anything down. I lost so much weight because I could not eat. I was also afraid to eat because I don't like to vomit. Try eating saltine crackers, grapes and maybe cucumbers if you cannot keep anything down. I stayed away from milk and dairy products because they made me real sick.Good luck with your pregmacy!
    numberonemommy Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Oct 31, 2008, 08:46 AM

I had pretty bad morning/day/night sickness till my 5th month, so don't worry its normal, it ranges with each person and pregnancy.
    homebirthmom Posts: 160, Reputation: 15

Oct 31, 2008, 08:50 AM

My sister was sick the whole time she was pregnant... with all 3 kids.
    I on the other hand only got mildly nauseated one day with my pregnancy...
    So... it's normal for you. :)
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 03:41 PM
    With my first son, I was sick constantly the first 6 months, then off and on the rest of the time till he was born. With my second son, I was constantly sick the first 4 months, then occasionally the rest of the time. With my third, a daughter, I was mildly sick the first two or three months, and that was it. My mother on the other hand never had a moment of morning sickness with all 5 of her kids. It really just varies for each woman AND each pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant or sick? [ 3 Answers ]

I get very nauseas out of no where and I have never slept so much in my life.I have completely lost my appitite and it doesn't really bother me. I've had diarrhea for about 2 weeks now and it can be painful in the abdomen when I get it. I feel very lazy and sometimes even all my muscles are sore. I...

Normal vs Pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I haven't used any form of contraceptive and we used the 'pull out' method 2 days ago, and my period isn't due for another 7-10 days. I went to use the washroom and when I wiped with tissue there was some weird looking discharge on it. It was this creamy white, red-ish/light...

I know that this is not normal.could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Me and my boyfriend I had sex the day before my period I came on the next that but I notice that something have falling out of me. It was the tip of the comdon which means it has been in me for several hours. Now 2 days later I'm off my period which is not normal cause I stay on for 4...

Am I pregnant, or just sick? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I always have protected sex but a week ago when we did he came in me and we realized some leaked out of the other end of the condom but it did not break. Lately I've been nauseaus and have some stomach discomfort, and the biggest thing that concerns me is that I thought I was about...

You are normal if you are pregnant or have children? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Why is it that people think that if you are married you must be pregnant. And if you have been married a few years you should have a couple of kids as well? When I got married, and in a few weeks people were asking if I was expecting. They soon gave up after a year though. If you...

View more questions Search