Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dillondavidson13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2006, 08:10 PM
    How can I find out if my sister is half... or full?
    I met my 15 year old sister recently and many people say she looks like me a lot. I always knew she was my moms kid but never thought she was my dads. They where divorced long ago but not before she could have been concived.
    I know there are tests that can be taking but is their one that can be took between myself and her to see if we are half, or full? My dad doesn't know of her so one between her and him is out of the question.

Thanks for the help.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Sure. A Y-Chromosome test will confirm if you have the same father. They run about $150 per test. There are a variety of companies/organizations that offer it on the net:
    http://www.google.com/search?num=100...st&btnG=Search

Jun 3, 2006, 10:10 AM
    And this is something her and I can take without involving my dad?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2006, 10:16 AM
    Yes. The test confirms whether you two share fathers or not.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 3, 2006, 10:18 AM
    But Rick, do they both have to be over 18 or have parent permission?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 04:22 PM
    J_9,

Even if they require parental permission, they can get their mother to sign off, thereby never involving the dad.
    Expert

Jun 3, 2006, 04:27 PM
    I was not sure that Mom was involved since he just met his sister that is his mother's child.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Good point.

Well, either way, odds are no parental permission is needed (or they can forge it).
    Expert

Jun 3, 2006, 05:17 PM
    Not sure where he is, but if here in the States forging is almost impossible unless - taking another adult who will forge for you.

Jun 20, 2006, 05:36 PM
    Thanks for the help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting half bath to full bath [ 9 Answers ]

My question refers to a half bath we are in the planning stages of converting to a full bath in the basement. Currently our basement has a half bath with toilet and sink on one half of the basement. There is then a shower on the other side of the basement with the washer and dryer, about 30 feet...

Which is better settle in full or paid in full [ 20 Answers ]

I had a discover card opened when I was a young adult with my father(about eight years ago). As of a 18 months ago he stop paying on it even though the charges were made by him. Now I'm trying to take a step towards business ventures and this and some other things are on my credit are present. I...

It's been half a year... [ 14 Answers ]

Just wanted to announce to all of you that this coming Friday Pete and I will have been together 6months and it is also Petes birthday on that day. Lots of celebrating to do! I am happier than I have ever been ;)

How to find totally Safe webhosting- full control [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend me a safe webhosting service where I can outsource the website maintenance work but only give them limited access. I mean, I do not want my maintenance people to take over my website as my website is gaining popularity and I am getting in bad terms with these people. Is there...

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search