Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocketrides Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Macbook keboard unresponsive but mouse works?
    Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem. My keyboard on my macbook a1181 is dead. It was dirty so I cleaned it with a clorox orange scented wipe. I know not a very smart thing to to. Now the mouse pad and clicker work but none of the keys at all do. I am wondering if there is anything I should do to try to fix it. I don't know if from wiping and rubbing some combination of keys were hit to lock it up or if more likely some cleaning fluids got under the keypads. Wouldn't this make only some keys malfunction though? Like I said all the keys seem to have failed after this process. Is it easy to replace or should I try to trouble shoot it by taking it apart. I just don't want to damage anything on my computer and loose something or break it more. Thanks
    silverfire Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 02:54 PM
    I would say NOT to try taking it apart and tinkering. Definitely sounds like a short in the keys themselves. You'd be surprised by how spilling any liquid or using something (especially with non-computer safe chemicals) will cause havoc. Take it to the genious bar at an apple store and they will probably (miraculously) replace the keyboard. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD-RW and DVD Drives unresponsive [ 2 Answers ]

Neither drive is recognizing a disc. This seemed to have happened over night. When I go to "My computer" neither drive is listed. When I go to Device manager I can see both drives but there is a yellow exclamation point on each. I tried recovery disc and it told me after start up that new hardware...

Dachshund Unresponsive this morning [ 2 Answers ]

This morning when I woke up I went into the living room and found snickers out 2 year old dachshund unresponsive. He would move his head and wag his tail but that was it. I rushed to wake the boyfriend and we both thought that he had hurt his spine. We called the vet but he wasn't in till 9. We had...

Unresponsive Garnishee [ 1 Answers ]

Funds held at a TX credit union were frozen on my behalf; Garnishee has never responded to the Writ that was served on the Credit Union via the Garnishee. When she FINALLY did issue a check made out to me-she sent MY check to the debtor & sent me the "stub". She will not respond to my demands for...

Unresponsive CD-RW [ 1 Answers ]

I let my friend install a CD-RW for me. I think it's on the same bus(?) as my existing CDROM. It has worked once after much coaxing and searching for new hardware but now it just doesn't seem to accept it. It is on hardware lists and the properties say its working but there's no sign of it in 'my...

View more questions Search