Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 09:51 AM

Palin, pro-life, but encourages the chasing until exhaustion and trophy killing of bears and wolves from helicopters. What a woman.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Palin, pro-life, but encourages the chasing until exhaustion and trophy killing of bears and wolves from helicopters. What a woman.
    And you call this a proportionate reason? Get real! Most hunters respect the lives of animals. Now if she hunts these animals from a helicopter, could it be they've become a nuisance, perhaps a danger to human life? Does a human life count so little to you that you wouldn't give up a pesky old bare for the life of 40 million human babies? Or maybe you're just providing (in my opinion - wrongheaded) rationalization to vote against your Christian morals? Are you placing your moral beliefs above God's will?

JoeT
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    And you call this a proportionate reason? Get real! Most hunters respect the lives of animals. Now if she hunts these animals from a helicopter, could it be they've become a nuisance, perhaps a danger to human life? Does a human life count so little to you that you wouldn't give up a pesky old bare for the life of 40 million human babies? Or maybe you're just providing (in my opinion - wrongheaded) rationalization to vote against your Christian morals? Are you placing your morals believes above God's will?

JoeT
    No, these animals are not pesky nuisances or a danger to human life. There is even a $150 bounty on each wolf foreleg turned in. These animals are out in the wild and away from civilization. I would not call the people who use helicopters to chase down and kill animals "hunters." Please do some research on Mrs. Palin and her "respect for life."

God's will??
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 11:42 AM

And as a side note, the federal government are chasing wild horses down with helicopters right now and killing them.
    Wild horses do not put cash in the pockets of the ranchers that donate to the reps that get the killing done. I guess that's just how it works.
    A piece of bear jerky anyone?
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 11:43 AM
    No, these animals are not pesky nuisances or a danger to human life. There is even a $150 bounty on each wolf foreleg turned in. These animals are out in the wild and away from civilization. I would not call the people who use helicopters to chase down and kill animals "hunters." Please do some research on Mrs. Palin and her "respect for life."

God's will????????
    There is a bounty precisely because the animals are nuisances and a danger.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    There is a bounty precisely because the animals are nuisances and a danger.
    If you do research on this, you will find out that they are not nuisances or a danger to anyone. These are out in the middle of nowhere, minding their own business.

From Slate --
    Since 2003, Alaska has issued aerial wolf-hunting permits in select areas where moose and caribou populations are particularly endangered. The idea is that by killing the predators, the airborne gunmen can ramp up the number of moose and caribou that human hunters can take home for supper.

Btw, wolves do not normally go after large animals, but prefer to hunt smaller ones such as rodents. The aerial shooting sometimes leaves the animals merely wounded. Forelegs are cut off still-living wolves.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    A politician cannot very likely be successful in politics and be a complete Christian at the same time. His opponent will clean his clock.
    The last I heard is that our representatives in all levels of government are servants of the people. Not be served by the people. We are suppose to vote for somebody so they don’t “get their clocked cleaned”? That’s the strangest thing I’ve heard.

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
    If you do research on this, you will find out that they are not nuisances or a danger to anyone. These are out in the middle of nowhere, minding their own business.

I don’t care if it’s the last bear in the world; it’s still not worth the life of 40 million babies. This last bear wouldn't be worth of one baby catching a cold.

JoeT
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 12:08 PM

God's will????????
    I have to spread more rep before I can agree with you again but very good points!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
    What does the life of a bear have to do with a baby's life? Why can't we respect BOTH lives?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 12:24 PM

Politics is about voting for *ISSUES* that are so important for the future of our country.

1. Failing economy
    2. Afghanistan war
    3. Iraq war
    4. Relations with our allies
    5. whipsawing stock market
    6. poor education in US
    7. on and on!

The *ISSUES* are what the next president has to address so America, and we are on the brink of losing our superpower status, can continue to be the best nation with the best life in the world. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 12:45 PM
    What does the life of a bear have to do with a baby's life? Why can't we respect BOTH lives?
    They are not morally equal. Yet somehow reason that your support of abortionists is motivated by Palin’s hunting practices. I don’t see the proportionate reasoning.
    Abortion is one of the preeminent moral issues of our day.

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 12:54 PM

Joe, No it isn't. Morality and ethics are *VALUES*. Americans are free to have their own values and not have some right wing radicals try to shove values down their throat!! What next, forcing us to go to church on Sunday!!

We just saw what a huge mumber of value's voters did to AMerica with the election of Bush as President in 2000! He is the worst president in the history of the republic. He is stupid, he engages in magical thinking(like relilgion does), and we are on the brink of falling from our superpower status.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 12:59 PM

Sorry, forgot this is the Christianity Board, this is a discussion and *should be moved* to religious discussion board, in my opinion!
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 01:21 PM

ZM... lol!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 01:25 PM

This definitely seems like it's turned into more of a discussion. I agree Choux. Lol
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 01:37 PM

Only when you leave Christ out of the picture does this discussion become one that shouldn't belong in this forum.

Scripture is quoted in #17 and one church view point was given in #20.

I still believe in voting according to the Will of God.
    You have to discern from right and wrong.. Then pray.. Thy Will be done on earth as in heaven.. go vote!
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 01:40 PM
    God considers a baby in the womb to be a person.
    So should we.
    Abortion KILLS a developing human being, a person.
    A baby developing in the womb is a person, so God says.

Isaiah 49: 1. Coasts and islands, listen to me, pay attention, distant peoples.
    Yahweh called me when I was in the womb, before my birth he had pronounced my name.

Jeremiah 1: 4. The word of Yahweh came to me, saying:
    5. `Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you came to birth I consecrated you; I appointed you as prophet to the nations."

God knew them as persons before they were born.
    A person who votes for Obama supports abortions, that's purposeful murder.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    A person who votes for Obama supports abortions, that's purposeful murder.
    At least he hasn't cheated on his wife or publicly used obscenities (commited adultery and dishonored his spouse) or publicly told jokes about Chelsea Clinton's parentage (bore false witness). What does God say about those?

Obama didn't vote for Roe v. Wade. Partial-birth abortion, he says, should be done only if the life of the mother is in jeopardy.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    Politics is about voting for *ISSUES* that are so important for the future of our country.

1. Failing economy
    2. Afghanistan war
    3. Iraq war
    4. Relations with our allies
    5. whipsawing stock market
    6. poor education in US
    7. on and on!

The *ISSUES* are what the next president has to address so America, and we are on the brink of losing our superpower status, can continue to be the best nation with the best life in the world. :)
    We the people need to STOP pointing fingers and realize 3 fingers point back on us. We have caused the problems of our economy, we have fallen in bondage to credit cards, we do need firm control on government spending yet they follow the puplic lead, we need bibles back in school and apart of wisdom in history, we have to recognize God as our hope and strength, abortion would bring God's wrath, and same sex marriages will bring distruction as Sodom and Gomorrah.

1. reap what we sow
    2. fighting evil for freedom and peace
    3. fighting to save the innocents from evil
    4. known thereout the scriptures
    5. bondage without recourse
    6. false priorities
    7. forgetful in who brings hope
    8. same sex marriages
    9. innocent babies abortion
    10. race and gender issues

What can be accepted as in the eyes of the Lord..and what can't be accepted. "choice"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I still vote? [ 3 Answers ]

I registered in one city but then we moved into a new house in another city about 30 min away. Is there a way I can still vote? I've heard that I need to register in the city I live in.

A Vote for McBush is a Vote for Iran War [ 35 Answers ]

A vote for McBush is a vote for a War on Iran. How do you like the War of Adventurism against Iraq which will last 100 years or until America destroys itself economically? Do you think that our colony Iraq, a future colony of Iran, and add another colony perhaps in Afghanistan will ever be in...

Right to vote [ 3 Answers ]

Can I ever get my rights back if I was convicded of a felony

Who can vote [ 2 Answers ]

Can convicted felons vote?

View more questions Search