Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanda25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 04:54 PM
    H1 B cancellation
    Hi ,

I got my H1 B visa stamped in Nov 2006 and valid up to Sep 2009. I did not travel to USA till Sep 08 and landed in USA in mid September.
    After arrival in USA I have come to know that visa has been cancelled and it was sent for revokation in Feb 2008.
    As there was no status change in USCIS till I landed in USA I was not aware of cancellation and company also not bothered to inform as I was in India at the moment of cancellation.
    Now there is a status change in USCIS site as below
    Receipt Number: EAC0615950993

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was transferred and is now pending

When I approached the company to revoke so that I can approach other companies ,I have been told that it is already delayed .

Does this mean that I have to leave back or can any other company file for my H1 B and I can stay back .

If I find any suitable job can I stay back ?

Please help me in knowing the exact status.

Regards
    Nanda
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 09:40 PM

H-1 visa can be revoked by termination of contract submitted by employer or you failed to fulfill the contract within time frame.

Whatever you next move will be, consult immigration attorney first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visa cancellation [ 1 Answers ]

If a person has given resignation, but has left the country before the notice period is served. Also he owes money to the company and he did not get his visa cancelled. What are the repercussions?

L1 Visa cancellation [ 1 Answers ]

I have been living in the USA on a L1 visa since Jan 2008. I just resigned my position and I am returning to the UK. If I decide to go to the USA for vacation, what issues can I expect to encounter on my return? Thanks

Visa Cancellation [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, I am resigning from my company and I am 1 year plus old in my company. Please guide me I have to pay visa charges or not as company is asking for the charges what should I do please guide Deepak please reply me on **** email address edited out *** FC

Cancellation of debt [ 3 Answers ]

Help- I have been disputing a debt on my credit report for three monthes. They have finally taken it off and I received a letter in the mail yesterday saying they were turning it in to the IRS. The amount of debt cancelled was 1805.55 and the interest is 0.00. However it says "do not report a...

View more questions Search